HB0962 - Restaurant Carry

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
it wasnt going to get done today anyway.

Is this purposely getting dragged out in an attempt to kill it altogether?

I'm starting to get pissed again about the insistence of a "clean bill". I would have gladly accepted the House version to have this been a done deal weeks ago.

I'm really not getting a good feeling about this.

Is this purposely getting dragged out in an attempt to kill it altogether?

I'm starting to get pissed again about the insistence of a "clean bill". I would have gladly accepted the House version to have this been a done deal weeks ago.

I'm really not getting a good feeling about this.

I know it's not popular with some of the members here, but I have to agree with you. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but I feel like we keep getting told something to the effect of "it'll get taken care of tomorrow", but "tomorrow" still hasn't arrived. :up:

Guest HexHead

Well we're up to #24 of 27 on the regular calender.

"Telecommunications - As introduced, enacts the "Market Regulation Act of 2009." - Amends TCA Section 65-5-109."

This has the potential to be a long one. They keep saying how much hard work went into it, including praising King Jimmy for his hard questions. Now they're discussing the charges for call waiting. ;(

I'm in shock, it breezed through.

It's obvious that some here have never followed a bill through the whole process.

Yes, this one may be taking a bit more time than some, but overall it's not taking much more of a harder/longer route than any other "controversial" piece of legislation.

Speed is not the objective in Nashville.

Guest db99wj

Keep us up to date, I can't do a play by play, on a training conference call and web seminar...#$%#

<----If you don't the kitty gets it.

Guest JavaGuy
It's obvious that some here have never followed a bill through the whole process.

Yes, this one may be taking a bit more time than some, but overall it's not taking much more of a harder/longer route than any other "controversial" piece of legislation.

Speed is not the objective in Nashville.

You're absolutely correct. This hasn't taken that long (in this session) in the grand scheme of things. It's moved through the system without undue haste or undue delay.

And seriously, it's when something breezes through at a hundred miles an hour that you really want to worry. Unintended consequences are a royal pain.. and are generally the product of being in too big of a hurry to consider the possible problems.

Guest HexHead

No minority report is filed, but the clerk just explained if not accepted then can go back to committee again.

Neifeh is trying to kill it now.