Sig P238

Guest TJones8611

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jos2f

Saw a thread on here where a gun store received word this or last week that Sig had just shipped out their first batch. Should be seeing them soon in that case

Guest JHatmaker

+1, I've got one of these on my "list" as well. According to everyone I've asked, they aren't being shipped/delivered until this Summer.

If you're interested in getting an idea how they handle, check out the Colt Pony, pretty much the same thing apparently (a gun shop told me SIG bought the patent from Colt...)

Guest SigGrl

I believe there's a thread somewhere on the board that Joe and the guys from Hero Gear got to shoot them at the SHOT show and LOVED them. I think Hero Gear has some on order, but I'm fuzzy on the details. Hopefully, Joe can clear this up.

We have 80 of them on order.

The South Eastern Sig Sauer sales manager spent the day with us last week, and he confirmed that they would START shipping by the end of the month (ie: now) in very limited number, with a better flow by mid-May.

They are shipping them in the order in which the orders were placed, starting the first day of SHOT 09.

They will also be allocated, which means they spread the guns as thin as possible to start, instead of fulfilling large orders as complete.

Example:

We ordered 80 mid-day on the 2nd day of SHOT.

We will receive "a few" against that order, once the dealers that placed their orders on day 1, and before ours on day 2.

Those Sig-Direct dealers that did not place orders AT SHOT, will be at the back of the line on direct orders, and will need to fight it out with the 2 Sig distributors for a chance at their allocations.

Guest m4coyote

I just can't get fired up about a .380 ACP. If it were a 9mm, I would be all over it. I will continue to use the Kahr PM9 as my everyday carry until something better (size, shape, concealability) comes along.

The P238 does look very impressive from a workmanship & size standpoint. I certainly could not down anyone for buying one.

The P238 does look very impressive from a workmanship & size standpoint. I certainly could not down anyone for buying one.

Size?

I looked up and compared specs when Hero Gear first posted it from the Shot Show.

It's almost same size and weight as Kahr PM9.

It's bigger, thicker, and heavier than Ruger LCP or KelTec 3AT.

I just don't get it.

I guess because it's Sig, huh?

- OS

Guest JHatmaker
Size?

I looked up and compared specs when Hero Gear first posted it from the Shot Show.

It's almost same size and weight as Kahr PM9.

It's bigger, thicker, and heavier than Ruger LCP or KelTec 3AT.

I just don't get it.

I guess because it's Sig, huh?

- OS

I see what your getting at, but yeah, I do consider SIG before other brands. They're extremely well built guns, and I trust them more than other brands to go bang every time.