Garands

Guest Traumaslave

Which CMP store for best selection  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which CMP store for best selection

• North
    • South

Guest Traumaslave

I'm going to be picking up a Garand from the CMP and I want to pick it out in person. Which store, North or South, do you think would have a better selection? I'll be in Cleveland this summer so the trip to North would be short.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to both ;). Sorry I am no help, but you are heading north so that one would be easier and not out of your way that much.. I would say they both have their share of them.

Edited by Hunting101
Guest Bluemax

Guys, please forgive me for asking dunb questions, but I thought you had to be put on a waiting list from CMP. If you have the proof that you are a member of a approved club can you just stop by and pick one up ???

CMP store advice:

Get there early, if possible. As in, when the door opens you are already in line.

Go to the tech desk first, swap your D/L for a bore gauge. Leave your filled in order form with them.

Drop your other paperwork off at the business desk/window.

Start checking bores. When you find 3 or 4 bores you are happy with, then start comparing wood, finish and so forth.

Take your choice to the tech desk, have them tag it/hold it. If you change your mind later, no problem, they'll swap it, fill S/N's and tag #'s on your order form.

Now you can relax, make another pass at the rifles, maybe you find one you like better.

Once happy with your choice, take the filled-in order form to the business window. (Be sure and give 'em the bore gauge back)

Hopefully by now your background check is done, and you can pay and go. If not, you'll have a little bit of a wait. Don't look at rifles while waiting, unless you wanna go home with more than you can afford :D

GET YOUR AMMO!

I have never been to the North store, but I have been to the South store several times. (I think that is the case with most of us that have been… hence the lopsided poll. :D)

Whichever store you decided to go to, just call and make sure they have what you want. And make sure all your paper work is in order before you go.

Here is a the best sorce of information on the CMP stores and what they have...

CMP Discussion Forum

Guys, please forgive me for asking dunb questions, but I thought you had to be put on a waiting list from CMP. If you have the proof that you are a member of a approved club can you just stop by and pick one up ???

There is more to it than being a member of an approved club. But yes, you can stop by and pick one up.

the waiting is in delivery.

Not the way I do it. ;)

Excellent advice above. Get there at 8am wednesday. Have all you paperwork filled out in advance. The bottleneck in the cmp is the window in the back. Drop off paperwork upon entry. This gets them prcessing you. Then when ready to by the guys at the gun counter will give you your invoice. Then you bring it to the ladies in back again. There will be a line of both people ready to check out AND people dropping off paperwork. Be patient and heed the ladies. They go to lunch and if yum want out befor they come back get your invoice in and paid before 11am

And have fun!