My New Bluegrass holster Review/Pics

Guest eyebedam

Guest eyebedam

So I got this holster exactly 10 days ago & thought I would wear it abit before I gave a slight review on it. Its a Bluegrass Hybrid Holster & its the Mason Dixon Model. I got it for my XDM.

Fit & Finish--- I will say its top notch. Excellent stitching & to me visually its 1 of the best looking Kydex style holsters on the market. Ive been wearing IWB the most & its more comfortable to me than my MTAC was. I been wearing it between 3:30 & 4 oclock & I just really like how it rides. Ive worn it on long rides plus out to eat & doing all the married errands the wife has me do with no discomfort whatsoever.

This holster is designed to be worn either way. IWB or OWB. This has been my first Exp wearing OWB & its def a little more comfortable than IWB although I probably wont be going OWB very often. I did notice a little squaeking/creaking at first wearing it OWB but that went away after the 2nd day.

Also just as a note if you do plan on ordering & this applies only to the XDM ONLY Brock with Bluegrass holsters is working with the Kydex manufacture about The XDM Shells. The but of the gun tends to stick out abit when being worn OWB. This issue is only with the XDM,s & he will either send out a new backing or a new kydex shell once we figure out the root of the issue. Weve talked a few times & hes narrowing down the exact problem & assures me he will take care of it.

Would I recommend this holster?---- Yes I would. With all the different options of replacement shells & being able to change out the backs you cant go wrong.

Price--- Its a little cheaper than both Comp-Tac & Supertuck & it seems to be a little better built. Also if you decide to buy multiple Kydex shells for different guns they are cheaper than Comp-Tac as well. They are also running 10.00 off for a limited time since he just went live witht he website.

If you want 1 heres the site. Welcome to Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters

If you dont ind just drop a little note saying Jason/Eyebedam told you about the new holsters. Brocks been a really straight up guy with me & I just want him to know I really appreciate it.

So Heres some pics & no jokes on my beer belly either.

Bluegrass020.jpg

Bluegrass003.jpg

Bluegrass004.jpg

Bluegrass005.jpg

85481ac2.jpg

4214fa5f.jpg

Edited by eyebedam
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

It looks a lot like the MTAC in design, Eye. What was the turnaround time after the order was placed?

I've just started wearing my MTAC again with the XDsub, and it IS pretty comfy...so you really like this better, huh?

Guest eyebedam
It looks a lot like the MTAC in design, Eye. What was the turnaround time after the order was placed?

I've just started wearing my MTAC again with the XDsub, and it IS pretty comfy...so you really like this better, huh?

I do like this better. The websire says 14 days but I had it in about 5 days. Its more versatile being able to be worn bot in & outside the waistband. Im carrying the XDM in this holster & its more comfortable than carrying my EMP in the MTAC.

Guest Bronker

Wow! It must be pretty comfortable to tolerate that beast that is the XDm, and be more comfy than the EMP.

I just picked up a Kahr CW45 and was considering another kydex body for my MTAC. May check these out. Thanks for the link.

Guest eyebedam
Wow! It must be pretty comfortable to tolerate that beast that is the XDm, and be more comfy than the EMP.

I just picked up a Kahr CW45 and was considering another kydex body for my MTAC. May check these out. Thanks for the link.

No problem. I think you will be very pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eyebedam

You can't feel them at all. You can't tell from the pic but they are actually inside the leather just a hair. I've had the MTAC & a few other holsters similar to this & this is the most comfortable of this style holster I've had.