New Carry Gun - Kahr CW9

I have been looking for one of these for awhile and was finally able to purchase one from paincave_2000. It was nice to meet you and thanks for meeting me in Winchester! The first thing I did after purchasing it was head to the range. I put close to 150 FMJ rounds through it and a box of 50 Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. +P. I had absolutely no issues with it whatsoever and it fits my hand perfectly. I have been carrying it for the past 2 days and currently have it in a MTAC holster, which is super comfy. I am debating trimming off some of the excess leather on the bottom, which is there to accomodate longer guns since the Kydex bodies are interchangeable. I also have a Comp-tac Infidel on order, which will allow me a quicker option to "grab and go." The grip sleeve is a Hogue Handall Jr. and really makes a difference in the overall comfort. The stock grip isn't bad, but the Hogue just allows your hand to better mold to the grip. Two thumbs up! :rock:

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I don't like on the CW model is the non-flush mag.

Does that have to be made that way just to accommodate the 7th round?

Seems like grip is already longer enough than a PM9 to hold 7 without having that "slam pad" thing?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Kahr owner...love my PM9.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Bronker

Brandon, I just picked up a CW45 from Rightwinger (he's a turd. I hate him. He wouldn't walk across the street to pee on you even of you was on fire :rock:) and have put about 50 rds through it in addition to the 150+ he put through it. I have gigantor bearpaw hands so the recoil is gentle. It too has the Hogue grip sleeve. That helps. I was thinking about a new kydex body for my MTAC as well. May have to check out the Infadel. I love how light and thin that it is. Post that pic of the Infidel when you get it. It will soon be my primary EDC as I consider selling my XD40 subcompact and 1400 rds of ammo with it!!

The only thing I don't like on the CW model is the non-flush mag.

Does that have to be made that way just to accommodate the 7th round?

Seems like grip is already longer enough than a PM9 to hold 7 without having that "slam pad" thing?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Kahr owner...love my PM9.

- OS

I actually like how the mag is not flush. My pinkie fits in there perfectly with no need for a Pearce extension. (Anyone need any Pearce extensions? I have two that I purchased awhile back in anticipation...) I know Kahr makes the 6 round mags, but I thought I remember reading that they were actually too short. Don't take that as fact though.

Brandon, I just picked up a CW45 from Rightwinger (he's a turd. I hate him. He wouldn't walk across the street to pee on you even of you was on fire :D) and have put about 50 rds through it in addition to the 150+ he put through it. I have gigantor bearpaw hands so the recoil is gentle. It too has the Hogue grip sleeve. That helps. I was thinking about a new kydex body for my MTAC as well. May have to check out the Infadel. I love how light and thin that it is. Post that pic of the Infidel when you get it. It will soon be my primary EDC as I consider selling my XD40 subcompact and 1400 rds of ammo with it!!

LOL, I was so in love with the CW9, that I was about to e-mail RW to inquire about the CW45 that he offered up earlier. Then I saw you beat me to it! :D

Guest Bronker
I was raped....the criminal is right here in this thread, help me, please help me...

You never know...the way you and I have been lately, you're liable to end up with it again some day. So...don't shoot up the "traveling ammo" just yet!

:D

Guest Bronker
You're lucky. "A" shot a bunch of .223 yesterday through his big deer rifle! Lucky for you I had Wolf and WWB for him and didn't touch the traveling Glad Bags.

Tell "A" that he'll get a tactical butt-whoopin' if he shoots my ammo!!! I've got a ton of crappy wolf he can shoot at my house when y'all come. Plus (back on topic here) I need to shoot some more rounds through the CW45 soon just to be safe. Did you ever put any Golden Sabers through it? My EDC of choice.

Brandon, the CW9 ate the Speers well?

Tell "A" that he'll get a tactical butt-whoopin' if he shoots my ammo!!! I've got a ton of crappy wolf he can shoot at my house when y'all come. Plus (back on topic here) I need to shoot some more rounds through the CW45 soon just to be safe. Did you ever put any Golden Sabers through it? My EDC of choice.

Nope, shot UMC yellow box for plinking and Hornady Personal Defense JHPs.

Yea, no issues with the Speers. I also have some Golden Sabers, Hornady TAP and Winchester Bonded PDX1 to try out, although Gold Dots are usually my ammo of choice and I have the most of it on hand.

Guest Bronker

...then feast, she shall...

Golden Sabers will be on the menu for my next range trip (off my back porch, tomorrow!)

I really like this gun. Likely will carry it a lot.

Guest Bronker
Yea, no issues with the Speers. I also have some Golden Sabers, Hornady TAP and Winchester Bonded PDX1 to try out, although Gold Dots are usually my ammo of choice and I have the most of it on hand.

Post on your Sabers when you're done. I will too. Expect they'll do fine, as any Kahrs and quality ammo tend to do historically.

I have 124 +p Golden Sabers in my Kahr PM9, never a glitch.

Carry them in my XD, too.

'Course, no real glitches with much of anything with either of them.

GS .357 in my Ruger wheelie, too.

Got quite a few GS about a year ago before all the prices went up. Matter of fact, at the time, CheaperThanDirt sold them cheaper than anyone else in the universe for about 4 months.

- OS

Guest Bronker

Good to know, Chief.

I run Golden Sabers in all of my autos that I'd carry at any point. My XD40 subcompact, XD45 Service, and presumably this CW45. I find them accurate and reliable. Never had to call on them for actual duty, and here's hoping none of us ever do.

Thanks, Chief. That PM9, pretty snappy? Easy to handle in small (woman) hands? My wife is looking to check into one to replace her Keltec 380. That keltec murders my fingers if I shoot it much. But I have grizzly bearpaws. Never shot a PM9. Thoughts?

...Thanks, Chief. That PM9, pretty snappy? Easy to handle in small (woman) hands? My wife is looking to check into one to replace her Keltec 380. That keltec murders my fingers if I shoot it much. But I have grizzly bearpaws. Never shot a PM9. Thoughts?

Well, you know, recoil and "snap" really a subjective thing, but I've never found it objectionable in the PM9; can't honestly say it's any more than my XD service or XD subbie 9s. I fired 100 rounds through it at a time on three occasions when I first got it, no real discomfort.

Only Keltec I've shot was the PF9, and can tell you the Kahr is MUCH gentler than that dang thing.

Course, she really needs to shoot one 'fore ya invest, cause as you know they ain't cheap!

- OS

I rented a CW9 at CCA when I was first looking at guns last year. Of all the guns I tried, it was my favorite, and I still would like to get one, even though I found a Springfield that ended being my first pistol. What I liked about it, besides the fact that it didn't jam, was that it was accurate, I could get my whole hand on there to grip it, and it was small enough that I could us a pocket holster and just put it in my pants pocket. I still might get one of these guns one of these days...you made a wise purchase. B

I have a PM9. I've run FMJ and a variety of SD loads through it so far, no problems at all on any diet. It is a little snappy, but it is a 9mm in a frame only slightly larger than my Kel-Tec P3AT and significantly smaller than my G19. I have noticed a couple of things about shooting it. First, there is a very small but sharp little piece of metal that sticks out just to the left of the trigger. I feel sure it is supposed to be there, it looks like a reset spring or something to me, but I'm no armorer or gunsmith. Anyway, it pokes me sometimes on the trigger stroke. Nothing serious, just not something I see on my other pistols. Second, I have to adjust my "automatic" two hand grip to keep my thumbs from getting behind the slide release. The frame is rather small and the slide release can put a whack on you during the recoil if you have a high-handed grip on this little frame.

Make no mistake, these two little issues are no big deal to me, I love the PM9. It is not a gun that I would buy to shoot a lot, it's like a lightweight j-frame: shoot it enough, carry it a lot.

Guest dizzielizzie

Thanks, Chief. That PM9, pretty snappy? Easy to handle in small (woman) hands? My wife is looking to check into one to replace her Keltec 380. That keltec murders my fingers if I shoot it much. But I have grizzly bearpaws. Never shot a PM9. Thoughts?

I am a woman & carry the kahr MK9. Yes, it does fit a smaller hand better. Haven't done a whole lot of shooting (100 rounds) and found it easy to handle. I have no problem reaching the trigger, or reaching the slide lock (with my thumb) for that matter. The slide is also easy to pull back, I've handled some full sized guns & just can't pull them back far enough to chamber a round, or to flip the slide lock.

I'm sure you know this, but the difference between the PM9 and the MK9 is the PM is a polymer frame and is approx. 8 oz. lighter than the MK. The "inner workings" vary slightly but on the outside they're exactly alike. PM's will be about $80-100 more. Depends wether she likes all stainless or not, the few gun stores I've visited had both.

Overall I'm in love with my little 9mm Kahr.

Go buy/rent/borrow a copy of "The Brave One" and Jodie Foster will make her want to run right out & buy one!

... there is a very small but sharp little piece of metal that sticks out just to the left of the trigger. I feel sure it is supposed to be there, it looks like a reset spring or something to me, but I'm no armorer or gunsmith....

With vibration of shooting, it works its way down.

Push it flush back up into fame with flat part of screwdriver or something.

It WILL go back into the plastic flush or even inset a little if you use very small punch.

- OS

With vibration of shooting, it works its way down.

Push it flush back up into fame with flat part of screwdriver or something.

It WILL go back into the plastic flush or even inset a little if you use very small punch.

- OS

Baddabing! You fixed it! Thanks! Okay, now what about that slide stop / grip issue I mentioned????