How many definite votes to override veto

Guys I just went thru the other thread to see how many sure votes we have to override the veto.

There are 99 Reps. so there needs to be 50 votes for a simple majority.

The Senate has 33 members so we need 17 votes on that side.

By the count I just came up with we have only 11 that have confirmed to us that they will vote to override. I counted 13 in the Senate from our posts here on TGO.

I'm sure that there are more but if someone didn't say they personally told them then I didn't count them.

Let's see what we can come up with. If you want to add on that's not on the list then copy & paste the list to the new post and then try to put the addition in alpha order. Keep Senate separate from the House. No need for comment here. Let's don't clutter this up. Post those in the other thread. Don't assume anything. Only post if they sent a message by email or called you. After you add one, change the total at the end of the list.

If anyone sees that I have made a mistake and incorrectly list someone as a yes that should be a no then correct it and change the number.

Let's get a good count on who is in our corner.

Senate

Beavers, Black, Burchett, Crowe, Faulk, Jackson, Johnson, Ketron, McNally, Southerland, Stanley, Tracy, Mr. Speaker Ramsey

13 Total

House

Campfield, Faulkner, Fincher, Floyd, C. Johnson, Lollar, Matlock, Moore, Mumpower, Ramsey, Todd

11 Total

Edited by Volzfan
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Joe Carr in the house is going to vote YES to override the veto. I have an email directly from him saying so.

Guest HexHead

Senate

Beavers, Black, Burchett, Crowe, Faulk, Jackson, Johnson, Ketron, McNally, Southerland, Stanley, Tracy, Mr. Speaker Ramsey

13 Total

House

Campfield, Carr, Faulkner, Fincher, Floyd, C. Johnson, Lollar, Matlock, Moore, Mumpower, Ramsey, Todd

12 Total

Guest SomeGuy

I expect Evans, a TFA member to go for over-ride, as well as Bell. McCormick more than likely as well. I am kind of feeling like Punisher. If we have sent our letters in and made our voices heard, we should be OK in the House.

Here's the reply from my rep. Jimmy Eldridge.

Doug,

Thank you for your email. As you know, I was a co sponsor of this

legislation to uphold our Second Amendment rights. Therefore, I am just

as disappointed as you to hear of the Governor's veto of this important

bill. I will do my part in standing up against his veto and work to

override it. The people of this State have spoken and their voice

deserves to be heard. Please continue to keep me informed of your

concerns. I am proud to represent such fine people.

Kindest regards,

Jimmy Eldridge

Mods please close this thread. I didn't mean for it to be anything more than a thread to keep track of the confirmed votes that TGO members had received. I didn't think that we needed another thread to discuss the veto override vote that was being very well covered in the other thread and this is just additional clutter now and is just a duplicate now.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tennessee-politics-legislation/21893-governor-phil-bredesen-vetoes-hb0962-restaurant-carry-bill.html

Guest HexHead

Senate

13 Total

House

Campfield, Carr, Eldridge, Faulkner, Fincher, Floyd, C. Johnson, Lollar, Matlock, Moore, Mumpower, Ramsey, Todd

13 Total

Mods please close this thread. I didn't mean for it to be anything more than a thread to keep track of the confirmed votes that TGO members had received. I didn't think that we needed another thread to discuss the veto override vote that was being very well covered in the other thread and this is just additional clutter now and is just a duplicate now.

As the discussion in this thread has pretty much become an extension of http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tennessee-politics-legislation/21893-governor-phil-bredesen-vetoes-hb0962-restaurant-carry-bill.html this one will be closed.