Sig P238's!

We finally got our first shipment in. I'm contemplating swiping one for myself and giving it a go on the range, but havent quite talked myself into it. Anyone snagged one yet that has shot it? I'm extremely interested to see if I need to replace my Kel-tec.

BTW, shameless plug for my listing: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/guns-leather/22231-sig-p238s-stock.html

Edited by Metalhead
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

I feels great in your hand, and even though I knew the dimensions beforehand, it still turned out to be smaller than I thought (as small as my Rohrbaugh). I'll get to the range hopefully during my lunch break and test it out.

I would have shot it there, but had my son with me, and he was in sensory overload in G&L with all the "tools" (what I called them, he's 3) and animals on the wall. He kept wanting me to hold him up to see the "dog" (boar).

Anyway, I'll post a report ASAP.

Thanks Daniel!

Guest JHatmaker
What the heck JHat...scooping up all the good toys again....sheeesh.

Congrats...again. Pics and Range report! Looks like a nice little pistol. Did you go with the night sights?

I have a problem, I can't seem to stop!! :doh:

I did go with the night sights. Here's some shots:

SIGP238002.jpg

SIGP238003.jpg

SIGP238004.jpg

Comparison w/ Rohrbaugh R9s

SIGP238005.jpg

Another Comparison, Notice Rohrbaugh underneath

SIGP238006.jpg

SIGP238007.jpg

Edited by JHatmaker

Thanks for those pictures, especially next to the Rohr. That is indeed smaller than I was expecting. Mine should be here in a week or two.

Do you find that the "edges" make it a little difficult to get it in/out of your pocket? That's one thing I like about the Rohr.

Guest JHatmaker
Thanks for those pictures, especially next to the Rohr. That is indeed smaller than I was expecting. Mine should be here in a week or two.

Do you find that the "edges" make it a little difficult to get it in/out of your pocket? That's one thing I like about the Rohr.

No, not at all. That was a concern for me as well, but they are smoothed out so it doesn't snag on anything (so far...) The Desantis pocket holster for the little Kel-Tec's, etc fit it nicely.

Guest JHatmaker
Congrats!! Nice pistola +1 to that little Sig and you for grabbing it up.

Let us know how it shoots.

Thanks again! Heading to the range tomorrow to test it out

Thanks again! Heading to the range tomorrow to test it out

No you're not! All ya'll have done is brag about having one and never giving range reports! ;)

How will I know if I need one if you guys don't tell me if it's the :P or not!!

You guys are range teases!!!! :bat:

buk

Guest JHatmaker
No you're not! All ya'll have done is brag about having one and never giving range reports! :drama:

How will I know if I need one if you guys don't tell me if it's the :poop: or not!!

You guys are range teases!!!! :bat:

buk

I shot it, but didn't log on to TGO until this morning, sorrry bout that... Shoots great, like a mini 1911. Nice groupings, nice control. The trigger pull is good, nice action.

No buyers remorse here!

Edited by JHatmaker
I shot it, but didn't log on to TGO until this morning, sorrry bout that... Shoots great, like a mini 1911. Nice groupings, nice control. The trigger pull is good, nice action.

No buyers remorse here!

Nice!

No buyers remorse here!

Any FTE? I had a couple with my first 50 rounds (Magtech target) through.

Guest JHatmaker
Any FTE? I had a couple with my first 50 rounds (Magtech target) through.

No, but I only shot 30 rounds(Georgia Arms). Similar experience to my P226, but I'm sure the more rounds that go through it the more FTE's I may run across.

We've had some batches of Magtech come in that didnt want to shoot in much of anything. It's decent ammo, but I think they must use primers made from adamantium.

Since the .380 that I was shooting from you guys, guess I'll have to start hunting at Wal-Marts for some WWB .380.

ya know here's the thing I'd have to shoot the fire out of it to really see. IMHO its just a colt mustang.. as far as I can tell. Years ago we did all kinds of mods trying to get them to run right enough for carry use and never could. I had Jeff and Sam both work on some and they always seemed to haev their little quirks. I was excited when we saw them at the Shot Show... but honestly time will tell.

Out of the first 20 seems only the one has had minor issues, not a great start, but not terrible either. Hopefully it's just a fluke, though I do not know if the people who have bought em have shot em yet, other than JHatmaker and SavageSig.

ya know here's the thing I'd have to shoot the fire out of it to really see. IMHO its just a colt mustang.. as far as I can tell. Years ago we did all kinds of mods trying to get them to run right enough for carry use and never could. I had Jeff and Sam both work on some and they always seemed to haev their little quirks. I was excited when we saw them at the Shot Show... but honestly time will tell.

Well, it is pretty close to the mustang, but the geometry of the barrel function and the way it locks up are completely different. That I think will help reliability wise. The extractor may need adjusted like on so many factory 1911s but that is easy to fix.

I just picked mine up today from G&L and will be going to the range tomorrow. I'll let you all know what happens.

We've had some batches of Magtech come in that didnt want to shoot in much of anything. It's decent ammo, but I think they must use primers made from adamantium.

I bought some Magtech 38 Spl at the Outpost that was bad. I'm glad they didn't have it in bulk. I'd hate to know I was stuck with 1000 rds of it. At least the Wolf I bought there shoots every time.