Pawn shops soak up the ammo

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spuds

It is true that the pawn shop and gun shop owners have been buying their ammo at wallyworld, but their purchases don't amount to that much I'd imagine. Go into George's Pawn in Cleveland, all the ammo he sells came right off the shelf at ww, is marked up at least $10 a box, and just sits there. Folks know how much it is at wally, and will pay a few more bucks for the convenience, but not crazy prices. Pawn shops are about cash flow, their money is in loans, not sales of ammo or anything else. They aren't going to tie up money they could be lending on inventory. Gun shops do the same and probably will buy more than pawn shops, but still it's not the biggest part of the problem IMO.

"Ammo entreprenuers" are a bigger cause of the shortages. One only need to walk the aisles at a gun show, or look in the classifieds here on these very forums to see many such folks selling ww ammo. At the funshow in Marietta last week, one such "businessman" was offering the 100 round .223 Federal boxes ($40 at WW) for $100, 100 round value packs of Win 45 for $75 ($30 at ww) and numerous other offerings around the same "value." He was the loneliest guy at that show.

Dunno, I recall something about ammo GOUGERS.

earlier spuds posted

At the funshow in Marietta last week, one such "businessman" was offering the 100 round .223 Federal boxes ($40 at WW) for $100, 100 round value packs of Win 45 for $75 ($30 at ww) and numerous other offerings around the same "value."

:rolleyes:

:screwy:

Guest Spuds
earlier spuds posted

:)

:rofl:

If you got anything to say, by all means, come out and say it!

I hope you won't try to twist my words to say I passed judgement on the "businessman", as you are so quick to do with your blanket comments about everyone who sells ammo being a gouger.

dude, let it go.. LOL

You are way to wound up about this stuff.

I posted about high dollar ammo and those selling it being gougers.

You posted about high dollar ammo and the guy selling it being lonely.

I am not going to argue semantics.

Thanks for making me laugh, seriously I am about choking.

Guest blackbeltchick

I went to a gun show this past week end and for the same box of ammo I paid 5.69 they wanted 15.00. I bought the ammo before going to the gun show that same day.

Guest Spuds

Oh, that's rich! I'm wound up and need to let it go, yet this thread was pretty calm until you injected yourself into it. Take a reality pill, folks can read and decide for themselves.

Guest HexHead
My question is, who pays the inflated prices for pawn-shop ammo? Better yet, why?

The guy that buys a gun there and wants a box of ammo to take home with it.

All clear signs that the ammo shortage is easing.

That's the truth.

We're getting more and more ammo in and expect the "shortage" to be completely over before the end of the month.

That's the truth.

We're getting more and more ammo in and expect the "shortage" to be completely over before the end of the month.

I certainly hope so. :)

But is this something you heard from your distributors?

The folks I talk with in the shooting/training industry and per e-mails to various distributors and manufactures don't seem as optimistic.

I hope they are wrong, and you are right.

Most seem to think it'll be mid-2010.

The companies that produce ammo in the U.S. are busting their butts to meet demand.

But, If our twits in Congress or the Obamanation stir up more anti-Second Amendment rhetoric, Who Knows?

Regards,