Federal ammo vs Blazer Brass

I have been getting the Blazer Brass .40S&W for the past couple of months from Wallyworld but here recently they have been replacing that with Federal ammo. Is there a difference? I have had no issues at all from the Blazer, can I expect the same from the Federal?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been wondering the same thing. I shot a couple boxes (9mm) last week. My accuracy didn't suffer at all with it, and it functioned as flawlessly as the blazer in my g-26. Not sure how clean it is compared to the blazer. My hands seemed a little dirtier, but i shot my little beretta 21a more than usual that day too i think. Maybe someone else can speak to how clean/dirty it is?.... fwiw: I'm not going to hesitate to buy it when the blazer or wwb isn't available, and it remains $8.96 :hat:

I was told by a wally salesperson today that it's "ALL MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY". While I don't agree in that respect, it shoots the same.

On another note, Wally sales people are becoming like nazi's in blue smocks !!!!

Guest Spuds
I was told by a wally salesperson today that it's "ALL MADE BY THE SAME COMPANY". While I don't agree in that respect, it shoots the same.

On another note, Wally sales people are becoming like nazi's in blue smocks !!!!

Was told the same this evening, he got out his little handheld scanner and said "see, I scan the Blazer and it shows the Federal." Didn't matter to them that the CCI/Speer was made in Idaho and Federal is in Atoka, MN. Must be their distributor does a direct replacement on the item. Guess that means the Blazer is out, Fed Champion is in. :mad:

Yeah, I have noticed that also. I was in Wallyworld with my wife one day and they had about 12 boxes of Blazer 40's so I asked the not so helpful, typical of Memphis, clerk if there was still a 6 box max on the ammo. She said that it was now at a 2 box max so I got my two boxes and found my wife and told her about it. Well my wife went over there, with me out of sight, and told the lady she wanted two boxes of Blazer 40. The lady told my wife that they didn't have any, so my wife points at the remaining 10 boxes for of Blazer 40's and says "Well then just give me two of those then". Needless to say the "person" working there was not happy but she sold them to her anyway. I was in a couple of days later and was talking to regular guy that works that section and he said that there is not a 2 box max so not real sure what the original persons problem was.

Your right about "Wally World" went in at 10:00 am and the idiot at the register would only sell me two boxes of Blazer 9mm max. Went back at 6:30 pm with my wife and a different person sold me six boxes and asked if that's all I needed as he would sold me more if requested.

Guest HexHead
I was in a couple of days later and was talking to regular guy that works that section and he said that there is not a 2 box max so not real sure what the original persons problem was.

She probably wanted to buy it herself on her break.