Projectiles?

Ok guys, tell me your secrets to finding projectiles lately...or is everyone else in the same boat I am?...

lookin for .45 FMJ 230 grain & 9mm-pretty much anything except the ultra expensive hollow points......

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mugster

Midway has 1000 230gr ranier in .451 plated for $125 + shipping. They shoot pretty good, imo...I know thats not jacketed, just lighten up on your crimp a smidge. Even at $25 for a pound of #2 and figure what, $40 for 1000 primers, thats still about .20 a shot, which ain't too bad these days.

MidwayUSA - Rainier LeadSafe Bullets 45 Caliber (451 Diameter) 230 Grain Plated Round Nose

If you can wait a bit on powder and primers, they'll be coming down pretty quick shortly i think.

Guest 1shot

Do a search for Montana Gold Bullets. You will find their site. They have many 9mm through 45 bullets in stock and ship quickly. Be advised that their JHP bullets are not good for SD ammo. The jacket will shred in little strips and the core will act like a FMJ. I was doing some testing of JHP bullets with my Glock 17 9mm. Shooting 6 grs Unique and 115 gr bullets was giving me average 1240 fps. The Hornady XTP and Speer Gold Dot would go through a 7" deep 2 gal. jug of water in into the second from 15 feet with perfect text book expansion. The Montana Gold bullet would shread it's jacket inside the first jug and go through 4 more jugs and keep on trucking. That is 28" of water. The Montana Gold bullets are accurate and don't cost too much more than cast bullets if you order them by the case.

Guest Jeremey

I ordered some 9mm from Precision Delta, they were back ordered and I got them about 3 months later. I dont really need them anymore and you can have them for what I paid for them. I have 2000 9mm 115 grain fmj that I paid $136 for to the door.