Anyone here use CCI aluminum case ammo?

TGO David

• Administrator

Just wondering if anyone here uses CCI aluminum cased ammo and if so, what your opinions of it are. I'm thinking about buying some 9mm and 45acp for range purposes. It's a lot cheaper than brass ammo for sure and I figure aluminum will be easy on the extractors, unlike that cheap steel cased Russian crap.

Thanks!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet, but some of my friends do with good results and it doesn't cause problems.

Academy has the cheapest price around:

-$5.59 for 50 9mm

-$9.99 for 50 .45 ACP

The only reason I haven't bought any yet is because Academy is in Rivergate and out of my way. The next time I'm up there though I'm going to stock up on some CCI.

Guest Old Chief

I have used it in 9mm and 45 ACP. I have always had good results with Blazer ammo and will continue to use it for range purposes. I did not experience ftf or fte problems with the 1000's of rounds that I have used. It is fire and forget all the way.

Just to follow-up, I've shot about 500rds through my 19 from a recent purchase of 1000 from Academy. So far I've had 4 FTEs. I've never run into this before with Blazer ammo. The rounds didn't feel off, low powered, or anything like that ... and I didn't limp wrist the shots either. All of the issues happened randomly and from different boxes. You got me on this one.

Just to follow-up, I've shot about 500rds through my 19 from a recent purchase of 1000 from Academy. So far I've had 4 FTEs. I've never run into this before with Blazer ammo. The rounds didn't feel off, low powered, or anything like that ... and I didn't limp wrist the shots either. All of the issues happened randomly and from different boxes. You got me on this one.

Shivers, Blazer aluminum is the ONLY sht that my 19 wont eat 100%. Ive had about the same luck as you with the crap. My FTE's came more readily when I was doing double taps or firing rapidly, BUT it would also choke during slow fire. Out of 2000 rounds I had close to 30 FTE's. You can say that I was limp wristing all you want, but I have close to 8,000 rounds thru my 19 alone last year and no FTF or FTE with ANY OTHER AMMO. FWIW were not alone in our strife, there are many other 19 owners that have had the same problem with their G-19's and blazer aluminum......

Good to know DZ. I've seen some posts on other boards about issues with Blazer lately. Maybe CCI had a bad run/lot or something. My 17 eats Blazer all day long with no issues, so I figured my 19 should do the same. I've run about 1000rds of WWB through the 19 with no issues, so I guess I'm going back to that as my standard practice ammo.

I use CCI Blazer 9mm in my GLOCK 19 all the time, also mix & match with WWB. Never had a problem that was not my fault with either. CCI is cheap & clean. Probably have shot 2000 rounds since purchase of the G19.

Its possible individual guns (mine's a 3G) or ammo batches might be more sensitive to failures than others, but overall my experience has been surprisingly positive with CCI Blazer.

-L

Guest crazyassazian

this stuff shoots great. It loaded kinda hot IMO and be warned it has crazy muzzle flash. I've only tried .45acp though and this was out of a USP compact 45.

• 1 month later...
Guest utarch00

I shoot the 9mm solely if I can help it. A couple of weeks ago Acadamy was out so I tried the Monarch in the green box. My SigPro did not like it at all and it has over 500 rounds of the Blazer. My M&P did OK with it but I will not be the Monarch ever again.

• Administrator

I'd forgotten this thread. Oops!

I've fired about 50 rounds of the CCI Blazer aluminum through my XD45 Compact, the Kimber 1911, the wife's XD9 Subcompact and now my Smith & Wesson M&P 40c. All of them handled it very well and experienced no failures to fire or eject.

The ammo burned clean and didn't foul the guns up any more than other target ammo that I have used.