Euroarms New Model Army?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stainless 1858, brass framed pocket dragoon, and two steel frame / fake ivory grip 1858 pietta's I picked up from the guy were all wall hangers - never fired. Dry fired a little, but thats' all. Handling marks in the bluing. For what he was asking I couldn't leave them there, but I now have (putting it mildly) a surplussage of 1858 Remington clones. Anyone wants one, let me know.

Moped, I will get pics this weekend. The ship I am aboard is at Charleston Naval Weapons Station, I took the pistols to my brother-in-laws' place about 40 minutes away after I picked them up. Gate guards and the like just don't have much of a sense of humor, you know...

I know all about gate guards with no sense of humor. Used to in the Army.

My son and I stayed on the Yorktown with his Scout Troop over the July 4th weekend. One of the coolest Scout Trips I've ever been on!

I look forward to the pictures! BP pitols are getting harder to find unless you mail order them.

I have been on the Yorktown, I bet spending the night was really fun. Any ghosts?

I can only guess as to how much clanking and banging a ship of that size makes when it gets quiet.

Mark post up some pics of them Remmy's!

Everyone needs to own a BP revolver or two. The Big O is not going to ban them

No ghosts, but lots of snoring from the dads in attendence! It's a great deal for scouts and their parents. We stayed on board for two nights, they served four meals in the in the enlisted mess. We had the run of the ship from 6:00am till 11:00pm. And they also took us out to Ft. Sumter. That was one of three trips we could have taken. The others were Boone Plantation and the SC Aquarium. All that for the price of $32 per night per person! And we got ringside seats for the fireworks over Charleston Harbor on the 4th (I think Boomsday is better). We had a ball, but I was a tired puppy when we got home on Sunday!!!

I agree about the BP Pistol! Everyone should have one. Sadly I'm lacking. I had a Pedersoli Remington 1858. 44, but I sold it. Wished I hadn't now. We all hear that a lot, don't we!

Will post pics tonight. As of now, my brother-in-law adopted the '51 reb navy (you can just leave that one here, he says...). Got a strong interest in the stainless '58, but nobody loves the pietta blued / fake ivory (I think it is PVC, actually) '58's.