My wife stopped a carjacker today

Thanks everyone for the things you have said. No time to think,just act. Mark drilled into me the importance of practice and I did just that. Never would have believed I would actually have to pull while in the drivers seat but practiced pulling from the seat without looking at it, everytime...just before I left the house. Today,never left his eyes,just put my hand,where I always keep it and next thing I knew,it was in his face. Never paniced...just did the routine. I can't thank Mark enough for keeping on me about this. He saved my life today. I have had a carry permit since July 2005 and just went to the DMV to renew last week. $50.00 well worth spending!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. Sea,

That must have been a scary moment but you did what you needed to do. I bet that guy thinks again before he decides to approach a woman's car like that again. Who knows, by you doing that, it may have saved some other woman from something worse that day. Good job!

Guest Phantom6
... we'll have to paint a caricature of a homeless person on her car's fuselage. :D Mrs. Sea is one mucho malo senora I wouldn't want to mess with. The Annie Oakley of the 21st century, IMO.

There ya go, reachin' for the door handle-

SuesConfirmed.jpg

Guest Isaac
She got her HCP, but will she register on TGO? Nooo.... so I feel schizoid when I see her post under my login at home. Glad she doesn't have a taste for practical jokes! :google:

If she has the taste, and didn't have the idea, she does now :D

Guest mustangdave

Mark & Sue...I shared this with my wife this morning, she's had her HCP since 05 as well and just renew'd. Her comment: Homeless Joe just got real LUCKY this morning. You get a BRAVO ZULU for your efforts.

After she got through the red light, she pulled into a parking lot and called me (not the police....). She got my voicemail. I didn't get her message for another hour or so. She didn't even think about calling the police. She will, if there is a next time. (we had a little chat about it).

By the way, she said she felt very calm during, and very shaken/scared afterwards. He crossed a two lane offramp, and in response to her commands to stop he continued to advance and said he "just wanted to ask a question". I have a feeling that he got an answer to his question when he put his hand on the door handle, though.

IMO, if he ignored her command to stop and placed his hand on the door handle of her car, she was justified in threatening deadly force. Of course I'm no lawyer, it just my personal opinion. I'm sure at the time she had a reasonable fear of being attacked.

IMO, if he ignored her command to stop and placed his hand on the door handle of her car, she was justified in threatening deadly force. Of course I'm no lawyer, it just my personal opinion. I'm sure at the time she had a reasonable fear of being attacked.

I agree, I had a crackhead walk up to my car in Nashville( I got off on the wrong exit) I told him to stop, he didn't, I said "You keep walking up here and your next conversation is gonna be with a hollowpoint". I don't think he was gonna carjack me, I drive a 20 year old crappy station wagon. That brings up another thing I see about carjackings, don't want to get carjacked, don't drive a new or nice car. With the economy worsening, I fear we are going to start seeing more of these types of problems. I do not wear any jewelry or nice clothes, and don't have a problem with muggings, something to think about.

Guest SUNTZU
I agree, I had a crackhead walk up to my car in Nashville( I got off on the wrong exit) I told him to stop, he didn't, I said "You keep walking up here and your next conversation is gonna be with a hollowpoint". I don't think he was gonna carjack me, I drive a 20 year old crappy station wagon. That brings up another thing I see about carjackings, don't want to get carjacked, don't drive a new or nice car. With the economy worsening, I fear we are going to start seeing more of these types of problems. I do not wear any jewelry or nice clothes, and don't have a problem with muggings, something to think about.

I saw on the news this morning an older man and his family who was held at gunpoint and made to drive around til either the man got out or was arrested, don't remember. But I think he was driving a station wagon. It doesn't matter what you drive, IMO, as long as its on wheels and is rolling.

Guest canynracer
I saw on the news this morning an older man and his family who was held at gunpoint and made to drive around til either the man got out or was arrested, don't remember. But I think he was driving a station wagon. It doesn't matter what you drive, IMO, as long as its on wheels and is rolling.

EEEEgggggggsssacltly.

they dont care, and they may not want your car, they may want you to drive them to your bank account, or to your home.

That always brings up the old question of what's justified and what's not. If they don't stop their advance it's safe to assume their intentions are not peaceful and you never know for sure if they also have a weapon. If you tell someone advancing towards your car to stop and they don't, it's clear they are not worried about confronting you physically. I have never shown a person my handgun but there was a time when I had it out of the holster and down at my side at the ready but the situation was not what I thought it might be at first. I don't think I over reacted because I thought the situation was bad at first but no gun was seen or known about by the other parties.

That always brings up the old question of what's justified and what's not. If they don't stop their advance it's safe to assume their intentions are not peaceful and you never know for sure if they also have a weapon. If you tell someone advancing towards your car to stop and they don't, it's clear they are not worried about confronting you physically. I have never shown a person my handgun but there was a time when I had it out of the holster and down at my side at the ready but the situation was not what I thought it might be at first. I don't think I over reacted because I thought the situation was bad at first but no gun was seen or known about by the other parties.

Kinda off topic but when I was taking my son to the drs. office in Chattanooga when it was winter I'd drape my coat over me and have my gun at the ready the whole time I was sitting in the parking lot. Anyone that knows Chattanooga knows the area I'm talking about.:confused:

Guest twelvevoltman_69

She had great situational awareness. I try teaching my g/f to be aware of her surroundings but she thinks I am paranoid. I'll have to show her this post. I travel to Kingsport M-F so this is close to home.

Kinda off topic but when I was taking my son to the drs. office in Chattanooga when it was winter I'd drape my coat over me and have my gun at the ready the whole time I was sitting in the parking lot. Anyone that knows Chattanooga knows the area I'm talking about.:D

I'm not familiar with Chattanooga, I mostly know the bad area's in Nashville from a previous job which was the big motivator for getting my HCP. The bad area's in Memphis are well, Memphis. When you stay overnight at a motel that has a chain link fence with razor wire on the top of it surrounding the motel that should tell you something.

Just watch the local news every day and see how many stories about murders, rapes, assaults, drive bys, and home invasions there are in one day. Having a handgun at the ready and keeping aware of your surroundings is not paranoid these days, it's smart.