"Fist" holsters...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I have an old FIST kydex holster in my cardboard graveyard of holsters box. I never used it and found it to be clunky and less than ideal. Their leather is probably a totally different story.

One thing that I do remember is that the proprietor of FIST is a complete ass on the phone. Typical New Yorker attitude toward anything. I called to ask some questions before I purchased, and he basically treated me as though I was wasting his time. I ordered anyway (my mistake) and was never happy with the purchase.

Conversely, I've dealt with Comp-Tac extensively and K&D Holsters on more than one occasion and both of them were more than willing to answer any silly question that I've had along the way. They have also taken several hundred dollars of my money as a result.

FIST has taken my money only once and never will again.

Your mileage may vary.

I have and use a Fobus holster. Had it for years. (And it shows.:))

I also have an old Uncle Mikes Holster. It has the adjustable thumb break (Which I took off) and the barrel is exposed. I used it when I had my .45 and it also fits the HK compact as well. I liked it because where I worked was posted "No-Gun" so I could leave it in my car and the holster would flatten on my belt.

I have never owned a leather holster and am just kind of wanting one. Realistically... I hate to admit it, but i am doing fine without one. :(

Looked at the Bianchi "Minimalist" as well.

• Administrator
A couple of months ago I had Fist make me a nice semi-custom thumb-break holster for my Rossi 462.

I found them very nice and professional to work with. My Rossi wasn't a gun they had on their gun list either. The fit and finish was perfect.

Hopefully for their own sake they have improved their attitude toward the customer. I'm glad to hear that they treated you well.

Hopefully for their own sake they have improved their attitude toward the customer. I'm glad to hear that they treated you well.

As a matter of fact they did. They called me with updates as to the progress and status of my order and when it shipped.

Being a damn yankee, I guess the New York thing is something I got used to. Still, if it had been a bad NY attitude, I would have gone elsewhere.

• 2 months later...
Guest Tombstone

Just thought that I would add a thought. As far as the leather holsters go; it is very easy to make one yourself.

I have made two, one OWB and IWB as well/ I will try and get some pictures and post them.

But all you need is some simple tools, quality leather, and some patience. Believe me when I say that you can make one that looks as good as the ones advertised or maybe even better. And the nice thing about making your own is that it can be exactly the way that you want it.

I won't get into it here, but if anyone wants to know how I made mine, just let me know.:confused: