Saw the Blue Angels Fly last week. (Pic Heavy)

Hey guys I went on vacation last week down in Gulf Shores, AL. I went over to NAS Pensacola on Tuesday to see the Blue Angels practice. The weather started out beautiful but it clouded up during the practice. I have seen them over 10 times from Florida to Alaska but I'm still in awe everytime I see them fly. Pics arnt the greatest but best I could do with my Sony point and shoot. If you are close to Pensacola, FL they usually practice on Tues. and Wed. at 8:30 at NAS Pensacola.

003.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

009.jpg

004.jpg

016.jpg

011.jpg

031.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

030.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

039.jpg

-Jason G

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen them two times and there is no way to fully describe it to someone else. And pictures don't do them justice either. Not your pictures, any pictures. I am not in any way running down Jason's photography skills.

Do not pass up a chance to see them. You'll be glad you did.

Guest GT_Rat

I was born into the Navy so I've been watching them all my life. Dad was a Crypto-Tech.

I can remember seeing them in the F4's in Pensacola in '74. I was all of 4 years old and I remember my dad sitting me in the air intake of an A7 Corsair to watch. I remember seeing them in A4's in the late '70's early '80's in Hawaii. Then seeing them in the F18's in the mid-late '80's in Mississippi and Hawaii and Virginia. Also saw them in the mid '90's in Tampa Fla. They have always been the best of the flight demonstration teams. Their shows are always high energy, snappy, edge-of-your-seat affairs. Comparatively the Thunderbirds seem slow.

Guest db99wj

I have seen them in Millington, man they are awesome at a high level.

Also, I was down at Orange Beach up until July 11th. Evidently, that Saturday they was a huge air show in honor of the Blue Angels birthday. The guy on the dolphin boat said that they are expecting 200-300 thousand people in attendance, all over the area. That included the beaches, the Perdido bay (Florida/Alabama border) etc. Wish we could have stayed, but we had to get home.