UN Convention on the Rights of the Child:The Impact on Private Gun-Ownership

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frightening. It's disturbing that the UN, George Soros and their accomplices are hellbent on destroying our freedoms, all in the name of the NWO. It doesn't help that the current adminstration is giving these organizations and individuals a willing ear. This is just one of many converging links in a tightening noose around The Constitution. It's been 233 years....time to create another Declaration of Independence.

Guest redbarron06

I have heard it before and from more than one person

This gal

“The spread of small arms creates a serious global problem and requires an equally urgent response because the lives and futures of children are at stake. These weapons have extinguished more young lives than they have protected.” – Carol Bellamy, Executive Director, UNICEF
has aperaently never heard of WWI or WWII.

If the UN wants to take my guns I figure they will have a couple of statest to get through before they get to my house. Not that I will be home I will be in the first state them come to.......... Returning fire.

Small arms and light weapons kill and disable more children and adults than any other instrument of violence, in conflict and post-conflict situations and on the streets of cities worldwide. Deaths linked to small arms and light weapons every year run into the hundreds of thousands, with those injured exceeding 1 million.

I am guessing they are not checking the numbers on DUI's. In the US alcohol and cars are the number 1 killer of people guns including suicide, homiscide, ND, AD and self defense, #7 according to the CDC report. Edited by redbarron06

"Thus, even if current state laws permit children to obtain hunting licenses and possess and discharge firearms for these purposes, such laws would have to give way to a treaty that contends that firearms should “never be accessible to children.”

Yeah, you just go ahead and try it. Those little blue berets would make great targets.

Guest bkelm18
"Thus, even if current state laws permit children to obtain hunting licenses and possess and discharge firearms for these purposes, such laws would have to give way to a treaty that contends that firearms should “never be accessible to children.â€

Yeah, you just go ahead and try it. Those little blue berets would make great targets.

"Come and take them." :D

Guest SUNTZU

The UN doesn't want you to have a gun because they aren't that good with theirs. You have to make sure your wives and daughters don't get raped moreso than making sure they don't shoot you.

I am not a tin-foil hat guy and I listen to all sides,but always wonder why our elected officials make certain decisions. I recommend the purchase of a book called The Bilderberg Group. It gives an alternate theory about why certain things are happening. I'm half through it and it makes you rethink historic events.

Guest Muttling

For me, this is a WOW issue....

I think that it's very driven by honest people who are almost certain to be in the anti land mine lobby (another issue all to it itself.)

I don't think the drivers are looking to take away our guns by some back door route. That said, I am certain that people who want to take away the 2nd Ammendment by any means possible are jumping on the band wagon.

As is noted in the link, treaties don't over-ride the Constitution. The only way that I know of to repeal the 2nd is to limit it through Supreme Court rulings or ammend the constitution (both of which are very tough to make happen.)

That said, I see this as a good idea by well meaning people that provides a leg up to the anti-gun lobby in their efforts to back door the 2nd and ALL lobbiests will jump on a chance at taking the back door.

I understant and support their front door statements, but there's a lot of back door riders to watch for in this one.

Guest Muttling

I am guessing they are not checking the numbers on DUI's. In the US alcohol and cars are the number 1 killer of people guns including suicide, homiscide, ND, AD and self defense, #7 according to the CDC report.

Reconsider their basis of argument my friend. They are talking deaths from small arms fire. Every soldier who dies from a gun shot dies from small arms fire. A .50 caliber M-2 heavy machinegun is considered small arms fire.

Furthermore, they aren't seperating US deaths from world deaths. They are lumping it all together. Deaths in Somalia from firearms are just the same as deaths from DUI's in the U.S. by their bean counting.

This is the way we should be addressing their comments. Compare apples to apples instead of lemons to oranges.

I would further add to the comment that we should be looking at motives of the killings. A Somali war lord might want to torment the children of an enemy while a gang banger in the US wants to shoot and run before the cops arrive. Very different situations and very different statistics in my opinion.

Edited by Muttling

As is noted in the link, treaties don't over-ride the Constitution. The only way that I know of to repeal the 2nd is to limit it through Supreme Court rulings or ammend the constitution (both of which are very tough to make happen.

Article VI, paragraph two of the U.S. Constitution states:

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

I believe this means that approved treaties become the law of the land, i.e., the United States.