New Restaurant in Alcoa, TN

My daughters boyfriend has partnered with another gentleman to open up a new restaurant in Alcoa, TN. The name of the restaurant is Hot Rods. It has a 50's theme and the interior is impressive. I was at the restaurant yesterday to look around and I was impressed. They fixed me anything on the menu I wanted so I could offer suggestions good/bad. First was the fried pickles, YUM...then, a hot dog burger, YUM YUM. During the 4 hours I was there, I sampled onion rings, wings, fried pickles, and watched as they prepared many other items on the menu. HOT RODS will open officially on Sunday July 26th. They will be serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Prices are in line with other area places. I believe this place has potential. They have a great variety of food, they have an old time ice cream area, pinball machines, and collectables all over the walls. Guys/gals, I think you will enjoy this place. Its family friendly, they sell beer, no liquor, and best of all: THEY ARE NOT GOING TO POST!!! Check them out and tell the manager Matt that "DAD" sent you.....

Edited by ftncityfatboy
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest johnnyo

Yeah Hot Rod's i've been by there a few times, wondering when it was gonna open. Folks this new place is in the location of the old Teeters Bar and grill. I can't wait to try out the food. Glad the resturant is in Alcoa the police Chief is pro-carry permit/guns. I've had a personal one on one with him. Great post btw. PS: i live a few street down from the resturant and often walk or job the neighborhood, yeah with my side arm.

I work in the Alcoa/Maryville area occasionally and will give them a try the next time I'm in town. Sorry, I don't know the old Teeter's Bar and Grill location. Have an address?

Don't know the address, but its next to the Pizza Hut across from Midland Center. Coming from Anderson Lumber toward Midland Center, go past Midland and just before going up the little incline to the old downtown, turn left at the Pizza Hut. On right next to PH.

What's a hot dog burger?

Hot dog burger: 1/2# burger cooked the way you want, all beef hot dog butterflied and placed on top of burger. Your choice of cheese melted on top of dog, burger bun lightly toasted with butter, lettuce, tomato, & onion on side. Homemade chips/fries (depends on which side of the tracks you are from), fresh cooked to each order. They have a pepperoni burger that sounds great, fried strawberry shortcake (didn't try that), other desserts, shakes, ice cream, and a host of other items. I will try to get the manager to give me a menu and I can send it out if requested to your personal accounts.

Sounds awesome...I look forward to trying it out soon! Also if you could post up business hours.

Hours will be posted hopefully by tomorrow. I will talk with the manager and see if maybe we could have a monthly get together for dinner there (or at least one to make sure everyone likes the place and then decide on more). Who nows, maybe make it the same day each month (like 3rd Thursday of the month, etc, etc). Seriouly, I will make a call tonight and get the hours and try to get a menu tomorrow.

Don't know the address, but its next to the Pizza Hut across from Midland Center. Coming from Anderson Lumber toward Midland Center, go past Midland and just before going up the little incline to the old downtown, turn left at the Pizza Hut. On right next to PH.

Sounds like you turn down the street between Long Johns Silver and Maryville Jewelers. My office is near there.

Guest m&pc9
Hours will be posted hopefully by tomorrow. I will talk with the manager and see if maybe we could have a monthly get together for dinner there (or at least one to make sure everyone likes the place and then decide on more). Who nows, maybe make it the same day each month (like 3rd Thursday of the month, etc, etc). Seriouly, I will make a call tonight and get the hours and try to get a menu tomorrow.

Sounds good

either an address or reference in relation to a liquor store :P

Dang I had to look twice to see who posted this, thought "wow someone knows the locations of all the liquor stores in east Tn." then it dawned on me, gotta be Mike.357.

Relax folks he has a license to carry that liquor.:bowrofl:

OK, here's the address as promised:

Hot Rod's 50's Diner

373 Hannum Street

Alcoa, TN 37701

Again, think Sunday 7-26 is opening day, might want to call to make sure. Check them out, I personally liked the food I tried. Some will like it, some will not, but a least check them out. Again, tell Matt the manager "Dad" sent you.....

delay in opening this restaurant. This coming week, breakfast only starting @7:00 am. Next week, breakfast & lunch starting 7:00 am till 2:00 pm. the following week full tilt. Owners still trying to get kitchen staff and wait staff up to speed.

• 1 month later...
Guest Boomhower

GREAT place to eat!! I can easily see more trips to Hot Rods in my future. We had to sit outside, so I didn't exactly get to see the inside, but the food was good regardless of the location for me to woof it down.

BTW, I had the Buffalo chicken hoagie......that thing was hugh. Enough food that my wife and I both could share with an extra order of fries.....But I'm a big boy and was able to handle it all on my own :rolleyes: