MAK-90 info

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MinorKey

the MAK 90 is easily my favorite of the collection. i prefer it so much more than the WASR! (even will all the tricked out tacticool WASR enhancements)

Nice info I have older mak 90 I put a draganov stock on mine after I cut some more of the insides out and sanded the grip to make more comfortable also had to cut and sand to fit thinker receiver. I'll have to look to see who the importer was I don't think it was any of named.

Edited by laktrash
Guest 70below

I had a Norinco MAK90 a while back and sold it on here (regret it) but it was the only Norinco firearm I care for. It was a great shooter and of great construction. It would shoot 4" groups at 100yds freehand.....thats better than I would hope for with any AK freehand.

(it was an CJA import)

Generally speaking, AK firearms are more accurate then people give them credit for. Also, "spray and pray" is more appropriate for fully automatic weapons, which the MAK-90 is not. There are very few true AK-47s ("machine guns") at large in the USA, but there are very many semi-auto copies of AKs, of which the MAK-90 is one.

Guest joeharris

I dont have any Mak-90's, however with top notch ammo, i can easily get

1 1/2in. groups at 100 yards!:D

Lapua ammo is the best for That!

Most Mil. surplus will get 3-4 in. avg!

Thanks Mousegunner. That's some really great info. I bought my MAK-90 in late 94 I think. It has the best trigger of any of the dozen or so AKs I've shot over the years. A lot of folks ruin these great rifles by replacing the trigger group with Made in USA parts to be able to pistol grip them and still be 922r compliant. I've never shot a replacement trigger group that was anywhere near as good as the original. Great info! Thanks.

TK47

TK, that's pretty nifty that you bought your MAK-90 in 1994. I believe that was the last year they were imported. I bet yours is in really good condition.

Yep, mine has the "94" prefix on the serial number. I never knew until now that it indicated the year of import. I've always thought the fit and finish of these guns was the best of the AKs. Even with thousands of rounds through it, and my not-too-careful care of it, it's still in pretty good shape. I think I paid $250 for it way back when. Probably my best gun investment ever.

TK47