East Tn TGO Members OCTOBER 2007 Meet

Guest tn_renee_1965

*WAAAHHHH* I'm new here and I already have plans for Saturday!! And it's in my neck of the woods TOO! PLEASE have another meet 'n greet soon... I'd love to meet some fellow gun enthusiasts!!

Renee

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

Renee....Are you saying that you are not going to be able to make it out this Sat.? That's what I'm taking from your post........We've been having a shoot on the 3rd Sat. of every month for a good bit now. Alternating between Oak Ridge, and Kingsport. So if you can't make this one, go ahead and plan for the 3rd Sat. of which ever upcoming month you'd like and your good to go.

Guest tn_renee_1965

Thanks for the info!! Dang shame when something's happenin near ya and ya dont even know it!! *rolls eyes* I swear, guys, I'm NOT blonde!! lol Don't have a .22, Mark... wouldn't turn me away just for that, would ya? got a .22 rifle... but not a pistol...

Guest Phantom6
Thanks for the info!! Dang shame when something's happenin near ya and ya dont even know it!! *rolls eyes* I swear, guys, I'm NOT blonde!! lol Don't have a .22, Mark... wouldn't turn me away just for that, would ya? got a .22 rifle... but not a pistol...

I'll be bringing a P22 and a Taurus M94 (both target pistols) to that one. You are welcome to shoot one of those if you wish. Some of us are going to be car-pooling to Kingsport next month for the shoot there. I'm in Oak Ridge as well, dotson is in Clinton as well as C.A.S. and Mike .357 is just up the road a piece.

Don't worry, we'll be back here at our range in Dec.

Guest Phantom6

OK folks. I picked up 270 clays yesterday and will be out at the range getting the thrower tuned up this afternoon. Got the silhouettes ready for the timed pistol shoot. It's rained all day here on Thursday but weather is supposed to break and the weekend is to be beautiful. It'll give me a good opportunity to test fire my new baby- a Ruger Mini-30. Was able to snag that little boomer for only $325 including mags, 100 rnds of ammo and the hard shell case. :woohoo: I definately need another gunsafe.:cool:

Guest Scottech

I may be blind (not yet:cool:) but I searched all through this thread but didn't see a "showtime"? What time is everyone meeting at Sterling Range?

That classmate can;t come, so there is going to be an odd thing. It's just me and Mom, doug isn;t coming, either. We'll definetly need to take another "wish you were here" picture.

Looking over what I;m brining, I could not only hunt, but I coulddo some COwboy Action Shooting...The Marlin is almost a Cowboy Action rifle, though it isn't, and that pistol probably could be. The holster rig definitly is, though.

Guest Scottech

Phantom6 & ETN TGO meet crew,

I'm bringing along my 15 year old son, Corey, if that's alright? He's shot several times with me before, mostly with the Boy Scouts.

Is there some kind of liability waiver I have to sign so he can use the range?

Added: Do I need to bring anything else like targets or any food or refreshments?

Everyone signs a waiver, and pays a $10 range fee.

I'm 15 myself. That's the age limit. So, you're in good shape.

I'll just wait for Phanton to post on that last point.

Guest Phantom6
Phantom6 & ETN TGO meet crew,

I'm bringing along my 15 year old son, Corey, if that's alright? He's shot several times with me before, mostly with the Boy Scouts.

Is there some kind of liability waiver I have to sign so he can use the range?

Added: Do I need to bring anything else like targets or any food or refreshments?

Son is fine. Yes to the waiver. There is a range fee of $15. I have to pay that to the guy that owns the property. I've got a gas grill out there so bring what you want for that and drinks though ice water will be available. Ive got plenty of target stands and backers so targets is all you need as far as shootin' goes (and a gun).:woohoo: Park in the yard at the house and call the cell phone number on the sign. A shuttle will be down to haul you up in minutes. Restroom facilities are available up on the range.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Guest Boomhower

^^^^What he said. Not to complain about the price by any means, but has something changed? I was only bringing the required amount, which I thought was $10, and this is just now coming up the night before? Once again, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, just asking the question.

OH MY DEAR GOD my shoulder is sore. SIX STRAIGHT MINUTES OF 30-06! I have all of 1 round of .270 left, and four rounds of 30-06. And a box and a half of .30-30. I'm going to have a bruise the size of one of thme pumpkins by tomorow....

I'm not going to post any of the video (and one great picture) till tomorow, as I'm tired and full. Going to bed now. Range report to follow by me or one of the others soon.

Guest Scottech
OH MY DEAR GOD my shoulder is sore. SIX STRAIGHT MINUTES OF 30-06! I have all of 1 round of .270 left, and four rounds of 30-06. And a box and a half of .30-30. I'm going to have a bruise the size of one of thme pumpkins by tomorow....

I'm not going to post any of the video (and one great picture) till tomorow, as I'm tired and full. Going to bed now. Range report to follow by me or one of the others soon.

Last time I checked, after our tandem .270 attack (thanks for the last five rounds c.a.s.), there wasn't much left of those pumpkins. At least not enough for Phantom to blast with his 870!

Had a great time with a great group of folks. The E-TN TGO rules! Enjoyed meeting all. Let's do it again in November!