East Tn TGO Members OCTOBER 2007 Meet

Guest Phantom6

Heck, I worked two jobs not including mowing lawns also. I needed money for a car and I needed to save money for college. Nothing noble about it I just needed the money.

Never walked uphill to and from school though I may have lead my children to think that I had. :taser: The walk was downhill to work and then to school and I got a ride home with a friend at night after work.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c.a.s.

S--t. I was testing out the keyboard from the desktop since it was bugging up, turns out I just needed to clean it out. I leave the room to grab one of those cans of compressed air, and then *CRASH!* I ran back in, the keyboard had fallen off the desk. Laptop with it. Currently, the arrow keys works sporadically and the display will glitch up and I have t smack it or move it. I'm lucky enough that the desktop isn't used much, so I "borrowed" the monitor and have hooked it up. I still can't get the display on th laptop to turn off, but I have it on extended desktop mode. I'm working on getting myself a wireless keyboard/mouse combo, since thy aren't expensive for a Logitech, and setting the external monitor as the master monitor. I had it on clone earlier, but the size was extremely off. It's still a bit off in extended mode, but it's better. If anyone wants to donate something akin to a desktop tower, or a laptop, I would appreciate it. The only thing the desktop tower would need is a fair video card, sine I have fast access to cheap RAM.

Guest Phantom6

Yo, Tower, if you can make it down for the shoot and you think about it bring that Thunder5. I believe I've figured out how I can hit clays in flight with it. I got a whole box of .410 waitin' just to prove my theory.

Yo, Tower, if you can make it down for the shoot and you think about it bring that Thunder5. I believe I've figured out how I can hit clays in flight with it. I got a whole box of .410 waitin' just to prove my theory.

I call dibs on follow up shots after you miss. :devil:

Guest Phantom6

OK, how many shotgunners we gonna have out for the shoot in October? I got the thrower all oiled up and I am gonna be one clay chuckin' son of a ... well, ...gun. Best of 25 wins the prize and in case of a tie there will be a shoot-out.

Also for you pistol shooters, I had the Feds on the range last weekend and I, ah ... "liberated" yeah, that's the ticket. Yeah, I liberated some of their qualification targets. If you are interested in shooting the ICE qualification we could have us a little contest. Shushshsh. Don't want those large black Ford Excursions with the blacked out windows showing up un-announced.:devil:

OK, here's the rules-

• There will be two divisions. One for single stack and one for higher capacity magazines (no more than 12 loaded in the mag at a time). Now you know you will need more than two magazines, right?
  • If there are more than two revolver shooters we will ad a third division but you better make sure that your wheel gun holds six rounds in the cylinder.

• This is a multi staged, timed course of fire shooting 50 rounds from the 1.5 yd. line back through the 3,7,15 and 25 yd. lines.
  • You will be required to shoot around a barricade from the left and the right sides from both standing and kneeling positions.
  • You will be shooting with both one handed and two handed grips as well as off hand.
  • You must have two headshots in the scoring ring at the 7 yd. line.
  • Failure to follow instructions will cost you. You will lose all shots fired incorrectly so paying attention is important here.
  • Since I am not familiar with how competent you are presenting from a holstered condition ... and 'cause some of y'all shoot Glocks ;), we will begin all exercises from a low ready position.
  • Centerfire ammo only.

Max score on this set of exercises is 250 drawing from a non-concealed holster.

Shadow12 and I shot this for the first time on this past Monday. No warm-up, no nothin' and I got to tell you it is fast and fun. When the scores were announced I'm proud to say the "Federales" were somewhat impressed. Though I didn't tell them, hell, I was surprised and somewhat impressed. Shadow12 shot a 243 and I shot a 239. We both have concealment holsters with retention devices rather than the low slung holsters and gunbelts they were working with.

We'll try to whip up somthing special for smallbore and highpowered rifles too.

sniper.gif

Event scores will be posted here- just for grins :eek:

Guest Phantom6

How many rounds?

And put me down for bringing a shotgun. This time of year just feels like a shotgun.

I suck but I am in for any competition you devise.

This is a multi staged, timed course of fire shooting 50 rounds from the 1.5 yd. line back through the 3,7,15 and 25 yd. lines.

You got so excited you missed it. ;)

Hurry up coming up with something for high-powered rifles. I;m taking three! (.270, .30-30, and .30-06)

Small bore too, since there is a small chance of bringing the .22.

270, .30-30, and .30-06

Alright Cody, I have seen you shoot and got the stuff!

This is shaping up to be the best Pow Wow of the Eastern Band ever.

If we are going centerfire and rimfire I am bringing the M44 and the left handed bolt rifle.

Iron sights only for me.

Maybe i can be tempted to bring the Dale Jarrett life size standup for a one shot sniper competition.

well crap.

My nephew (who's in the Navy and is a law abiding citizen!) came down from Norfolk and we were talking. He said there had been a rash of burlaries around his house, so I sent the thunder5 home with him, loaded with .410 shells. They have a baby in the house so I didn't want anything bad to happen, and wanted to make sure they could protect themselves.

I WILL be bringing my shotgun though!

everyone say happy Birthday to Julie when you see her ;)...

I will also bring that paperwork for you Phantom.

Alright Cody, I have seen you shoot and got the stuff!

This is shaping up to be the best Pow Wow of the Eastern Band ever.

If we are going centerfire and rimfire I am bringing the M44 and the left handed bolt rifle.

Iron sights only for me.

Maybe i can be tempted to bring the Dale Jarrett life size standup for a one shot sniper competition.

ARGH! YOu reminded me I didn't grab a John Cena life-sized cutout while I was at the mall...

OR Jack Sparrow, Homer Simpson, Brian Griffin, or several others. $30 a piece and I only had 20 on me!