Buying a tree stand

Guest walkingdeadman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to tell you but you can save some dollars and get the same stand by not buying the "Remington" name. Look at the stand that is also shown on that page as alternates and you will see the Big Game. I bet its made by the same people.

A good 100 dollar stand will do the same job, spend the savings on upgrades to cushions as that is what will make it comfortable. Get a hang on shade/umbrella so you can hunt in the rain and keep the sun off you in September as well.

Guest Rem_700

Walmart already has their stands out and they have a 17ft stealth ladder stand with a shooting rail.I bought one this year and last year,and they are great stands.Only $107,and you don't have to deal with shipping.

Guest walkingdeadman
Walmart already has their stands out and they have a 17ft stealth ladder stand with a shooting rail.I bought one this year and last year,and they are great stands.Only $107,and you don't have to deal with shipping.

I couldn't find this stand on there website. It must only be in stores. You think?

Guest redbarron06

You could go with at strap on stand and strap on ladders for about the same or less.

Gorilla King Kong HX Hang-On Treestand

API Outdoors Ultra-Steel Stackin' Stik Portable Step Stick

This is similure to the set up I use in a couple of places. I have helped folks put up the other style ladders with the seats and they can be a pain unless it is on a field edge. You can also buy individual ladder extensions incase you want to get a few feet higher.

Guest Rem_700
I couldn't find this stand on there website. It must only be in stores. You think?

I don't think they are on their website,just in store only...Im sure your local walmart will be getting them in..I've been to 3 differ walmarts and they all had the same stand.