I spent my gun money...........

Guest billwilly73

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Not everyone can afford a Cadillac even though it may be the biggest, best, and safest.

They have to settle for something in between.

Never said they could or would. :D

Thats a hell of a deal for that Cannon at $799 regardless of whether its the chevette or cadillac version ;-D

Indeed.

The only reason that I commented in the thread is so that people might be a little more informed on the variance in safe prices. If you want a really good safe you are going to have to pay a visit to someone like Nashville Safe House (a vendor here) or anyone else who sells top-tier safes.

Yes...the top quality safes are exactly that...one of the few industries where there is a top of the pile product where there is little doubt that you have a quality item. No "percieved value" fogging people's judgement of good and bad.

One of the strange things about the selections available is that they honestly seem to fall into 3 distinct categories....Crap, good enough for most, and "money can't get you anything better"

And as much as I rib the Safe House for pushing top quality products to the everyday joe....they more than make up for a oversold item with the best service in the state.

.............but not on a new gun.

I decided I needed a safe to put my current guns in more than I needed a new gun, for now. I've been wanting a safe for awhile now and never got around to getting one because I have gun cabinets.

After my father passed away in June, I got his few guns and even though they are not expensive guns, they are priceless to me.

Well here it is......it's a Cannon 18/36 capacity 60" tall x 40" wide x 24" deep can't remember the weight but it was heavy and a PITA to move. Now I need a few more to fill her up.

safeclosed.jpg?t=1250278129

safeopen.jpg?t=1250278190

yea im in the market for 1 of these myself.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been wondering about something like this. Do you have it on a slab or is the floor reinforced? Do you even have to reinforce the floor for that amount of weight?

You have to at a minimum use lag bolts so the safe cant be easily carted off. Mines on a concrete floor but I imagine you better check the load bearing capacity of your floors if setting one up on a 2nd story or higher.