Guest eyebedam

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood
It makes us look like bitches.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm hoping they just edited the show to make it look that bad and it's really not. I haven't been to Nashville in awhile though.

I just finished watching it.

I learned some new stuff. Didn't like the bit where they commented on our gun laws with "you don't need a license to but a shotgun, handgun, or rifle". It made it sound like anybody with money can buy a firearm from an FFL...

ETA: Oh, and did anyone else notice the air pistol they kept showing in the slow-mo black and white re-enactment thing?

Guest stovepipe

I thought the (short) part where the gangs were trolling our parks was interesting. Glad our council members are keeping our parks safe...

I know (of) Gordo. He's a wannabe. The whole BP thing is a joke in the gang world. The ones I would be worried about is MS13. We have some Crypt and Bloods stuff, but it's fairly low key. A lot of that Graffiti they shot was over by where my old church was near downtown. We had a good mess of those kids coming in and out. Akin, the redheaded guy, patrolled our area a lot. Mostly at night (Wedgewood/Houston). I'll tell you this, growing up in Memphis and then being in the inner city if Nashville for the last 5 years, Memphis is in a whole other league. We can't hold a candle to them. That's not to say the Nashville boys can't do some damage, but it's two different scales.

Edited by Smith
Guest FiddleDog

Most areas are pretty safe. Some areas are a really bad idea. I used to live in east Nashville, and gang violence there was pretty high. Still, most placed anyone would want to be are pretty secure.

I know (of) Gordo. He's a wannabe.

That's what I was thinking when they were asking him about his preffered weapon and he said "Glock 40... cause it's big... it's just big"

If you guys like Gangland, check out "Bloods and Crips: Made in America". It's a documentary by Stacey Peralta (founder of Powell Peralta skateboard, director of Dog Town and Z-Boys and Riding Giants) that explores how the gangs came to be, and what it's escalated to. It's doesn't focus on the gangs as a whole nationwide, just in LA. I remember at one point one of the people working on the film commented about the unreal percentage of gang members that they interviewed between the ages of 16-19, that were born and raised in LA, and had NEVER seen the Pacific. :usa:

Guest mikedwood
.... and how does a guy like this have two handguns, a sawed off pistol grip shotgun, and that much drugs in his car and only get a year? ATF should have had this guy for minimum of 10!? What's with that?

The only answer I can give you is because he is a criminal.

He probably rolled over on someone.

I downloaded it and watched it at work today. Here's the weird part. In the part where they talk about Tropicana dance club, my stepbrother managed that club at the time, and I was there pretty much every weekend hanging out with him. I was there the night the whole MS13 thing was supposed to go down. There were a couple of shootings in the parking lot there, but nothing ever went down in the club, thankfully. There was a boat load of hispanic gang activity there, kinda scary.