Corker mentioned as 2012 candidate

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to play Devil's Advocate.........................................

I bet when Corker was running against Harold Ford, Jr. a lot of you guys trashing him now were reeeaaaallllly cheering him on and carrying his water during that campaign.

just sayin'...........

I bet when Corker was running against Harold Ford, Jr. a lot of you guys trashing him now were reeeaaaallllly cheering him on and carrying his water during that campaign.

I was a Ed Bryant supporter during the primary. I pretty much hate Corker. However, when faced with the very real possibilty of Ford getting the seat, I held my nose and voted for him in the general election.

The corruption of the FORD dynasty shot harold jr's chances with me. I know they are all corrupt to some point but knowing what the other members of his family did previous to him running was enough for me to see what he would do if elected.

If you want to stand a chance at getting elected try to keep the other members of your family from screwing it all up for YOU, lmao.

When I vote, I have to go with what appears to be the lesser of 2 evils at the given time.

I bet all those azzhats that voted for O are having buyers remorse right now, lol.

Marsha Blackburn.

She is the only one that I can see at this point who really cares about her country and where it is going.

I don't follow all of her votes and positions on issues,but she is way ahead of the others,

I believe I would just about follow that woman to the gates of hell unless she got stuck on some kind of b.s. that would show me she was no different than the rest.

At this point of my opinion of her I tjhink that her heart is in the right place and she will be able to hold her own against the Slimers,boxers,Feinsteins of the world.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have read somewhere that he is a Rode Scholar. If you look at the mess we are in from Clinton (Rode scholar) to a lot of bho's staff( Rode) scholars is same :poop: different pile.

What we really need is someone that will take some of those old farts and jap slap them a few times and loosen the cobwebs in there head to remind them who pays their salary

Tour

Yet, somehow he is the anti-thesis of Clinton and Obama. He's CUT La's taxes at least twice and is doing a good job (in spite of NO's gubmint) rebuilding the state.

The truth is that I'll vote for any Republican over BHO, at this point. I just hope we have better choices. If we can keep Romney and Huckabee from splitting the conservative vote this time (that's how we got McCain, in case anybody doesn't know) or something similar, we may end up with a good candidate on the GOP side.

I'm really more of a Libertarian, but usually vote Republican and if pressed will declare myself as one. While, I don't like the two party system, I understand it. I also understand that half a loaf is better than no loaf. I also am aware that every vote I give to a third party is in effect giving a vote to the Dems.

We got McCain because the NE states have open primaries and the dems and indies voted for McCain.

ANYONE who thinks Romney is conservative needs to stop listening to the MSM. Huckabee is a politician. He embraced ideas contrary to what he DID as gov to "get" the conservative vote. The most conservative "name" candidate was Thompson (who was not convered by the MSM, thus, appeared to not campaign).

Guest Ralph G. Briscoe
We got McCain because the NE states have open primaries and the dems and indies voted for McCain.

ANYONE who thinks Romney is conservative needs to stop listening to the MSM. Huckabee is a politician. He embraced ideas contrary to what he DID as gov to "get" the conservative vote. The most conservative "name" candidate was Thompson (who was not convered by the MSM, thus, appeared to not campaign).

I'm no conservative but I find Huckabee personally likeable. He's conservative as hell but wouldn't seem scary to moderates IMO. Find an intelligent, moderate black or hispanic VP candidate and you might have a shot in 2012. The biggest problem the Republican party has in re-taking the White House is the rightwing media, and some of the scarier participants in the Tea Party movement--daily gifts from heaven to the Democratic party for use in campaign ads to scare moderates.

They are the key. Get too identified with the radical right and you lose. I don't see those folks giving an inch so it's probably Obie again in 2012. I predict Palin will be somewhere on the GOP ticket which will hurt you.

The GOP will probably gain house seats in 2010 but not enough for a majority unless the economy gets a lot worse in the coming months.

Just some observations from the other side....trying to be objective here.

Please respond in kind. Wagers considered:)

I'm no conservative but I find Huckabee personally likeable. He's conservative as hell but wouldn't seem scary to moderates IMO.

Look at how he governed, not what he campaigned as supporting. Not so conservative. Even McCain and Rudy G were called conservatives by the MSM.

Find an intelligent, moderate black or hispanic VP candidate and you might have a shot in 2012. The biggest problem the Republican party has in re-taking the White House is the rightwing media, and some of the scarier participants in the Tea Party movement--daily gifts from heaven to the Democratic party for use in campaign ads to scare moderates.

They are the key. Get too identified with the radical right and you lose.

The Tea Parties have more people show up on their own dime than the loony left can get bussed in for one of their events.

Name the last POTUS candidate that was a real conservative that lost the election.

I don't see those folks giving an inch so it's probably

Great! They need to have a backbone. The rest of the GOP is a bunch of wimps.

Obie again in 2012. I predict Palin will be somewhere on the GOP ticket which will hurt you.

The GOP will probably gain house seats in 2010 but not enough for a majority unless the economy gets a lot worse in the coming months.

Just some observations from the other side....trying to be objective here.

Please respond in kind. Wagers considered:)

Obama is one and done. His true colors are coming out. His BEST hope would be for the GOP to retake the House and Senate FORCING him to the middle ala Clinton after '94 thus saving the economy from complete disaster.

BTW, Palin put McCain ahead until the GOP moderates running the campaign chose to go with the same tactics that did so well for Dole and Bush41's re-election attempt. Palin still polls higher than anyone.

As for the current economy, watch it tank as Obama keeps running his mouth about how he wants to change everything and his lies keep coming to the front along with the exposing of the liberals he has appointed Czar and to his cabinet.