King Willie wins it again.

Im Neero

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nitrous_mike

So its true there are at least 70k stupid people in Memphis, blah I can not even see the weather for this mess. You know its funny if it was a white guy saying all the mess that he has and does, he would be put in jail.

The real problem is that the Republicans did not have a candidate they could get behind. We had to choose the lesser of 3 evils. Had Willingham stepped out of it long ago and the Republican Party backed one of the other two candidates, things might have been different. Memphis deserves what it gets. We deserve to be the highest violent crime city in the country as long as this bafoon is running things. Oh well all I can do is exactly what I did. Vote, tell my friends and family and strangers to vote.

When the time is right, I will be moving from this city. Unfortunately a 93 year old woman that refuses to move is keeping me here.

Guest CrazyLincoln

For you non Memphians who have no idea how bad this is:

From Wikipedia

Dr. Willie W. Herenton (born April 23, 1940) is the mayor of Memphis, Tennessee. Dr. Herenton is a graduate of Le Moyne-Owen College in south Memphis, and the University of Memphis. His doctorate was earned at Southern Illinois University. He is also a recipient of two honorary doctorates from Rhodes College and Christian Brothers University, both of Memphis. He has four children, the youngest of which was born in late 2004 to a local waitress.

He is the first African-American to be elected mayor of Memphis. He won his first term by defeating incumbent mayor Richard Hackett in 1991 by a mere 146 votes. Prior to serving as mayor, Herenton was the superintendent of Memphis City Schools for twelve years; his doctorate is an earned one in the field of education. In his State of the City address on January 1, 2006, Herenton announced his intention to run for a fifth term in 2007 and refused to debate his challengers during the campaign.

He was elected to his fifth term in office on October 4, 2007 [1], thus making him the first Memphis mayor to be elected to five terms of office.

Criticisms

In recent times, Herenton has faced mounting criticism from citizens and other observers, who have charged that he has, among the following:

• Failed to insure sound fiscal management of the City of Memphis [2]
  • Failed to communicate effectively with the City Council [3]
  • Failed to address multiple allegations of improprieties regarding Memphis Light Gas and Water [4]
  • Served as the prime target and catalyst for the City Charter rewrite [5]
  • Angered citizens to the point of becoming a target of a citizen recall effort [6]
  • Done little in response to the significant rise in crime under his leadership, stating that "No mayor in any American city can solve the crime problem." (<---Why memphis has alot of permit holders)[7]

• Stated that those who don't like the way he has served as mayor can move out of Memphis.

Sex Tape Conspiracy

In June 2007, Herenton held a press conference to announce that he was the target of a conspiracy by “rich, white businessmen plotting to derail his re-election by videotaping him having sex with a strip club waitress.â€[8]

2007 Election

On September 19, 2007, as reported by the Commercial Appeal [9], Mayor Herenton called for a halt to early voting due to "irregularities". The Shelby County Election Commission stated that early voting would continue.

Somehow, I don't think he "won" this election......

Willie only "won" this election because the 55 % of the population that DIDN'T want him in office couldn't get behind 1 candidate. He was smart enough to know this and didn't go to the debates because he might have lost some of his 42%. That wouldn't have been good.

Oh well, next term I am running on the write in ballot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest canynracer
Is there a suburban in Memphis anymore? Before long they will try to annex Olive Branch and Southaven!
LMAO...well I am in Lakeland...buy they cant get us....