Full Auto AK

Guest tnpanscraper

Guest tnpanscraper

Lets just say that there is a guy who wants to trade a fully auto AK to me for some items. I have no idea who he is. It's a deal through a friend.

I'm assuming this is a huge NO NO.... I do not have the proper license to own such a weapon. I'm pretty sure that he does not either.

He said he would convert it to semi, but I don't think that would matter in the eyes of the law being that it could be converted back to full auto?

Am I correct on this matter? Any input from a LEO or someone who knows the facts. Not really looking for opinions. I just don't wanna do 30 years in the federal pokey..

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run, don't walk from that deal.

1. There are very few transferable AK's available for civilian ownership, and all will run your 15k +

2. Even if the seller removed the select fire trigger/sear, there would still be holes in the receiver from the auto sear, which will get you the exact same felony as having the sear installed.

Guest tnpanscraper

That's what I thought..... I already told the guy that I wanted nothing to do with it. I don't even want to know the guy's name.....

Thanks Man..

Run, don't walk from that deal.

1. There are very few transferable AK's available for civilian ownership, and all will run your 15k +

2. Even if the seller removed the select fire trigger/sear, there would still be holes in the receiver from the auto sear, which will get you the exact same felony as having the sear installed.

Wait a minute! The gun haters have told us that thousands of them are heading south across the Mexican border every year and can be picked up at any gun show. Surely they wouldn't lie to us! :(

Guest crotalus01

Sounds like a BATFE sting to me.

However, just FYI - There is NO license to own a full auto weapon. They must have been registered with the BATFE prior to May of 1986. If legit, any full auto civilian transferable will be on a Form 3 if coming from a dealer or on a Form 4 if coming from an individual non-FFL holder. You simply have to fill out the appropriate paperwork, submit it to the BATFE with a check for $200 for the tax stamp and wait for approval.

Anyways, thats a very simplified overview, but again, there is no special license needed to buy or own a full auto weapon...

Wait a minute! The gun haters have told us that thousands of them are heading south across the Mexican border every year and can be picked up at any gun show. Surely they wouldn't lie to us! :D

Well actually they are however they arent the transferrable full auto AK 47's they are either semi's or home made full autos. There is still quite a few of transferrable AK 47's on the market and yes they do cost alot of money you could probably find a transferrable AK 47 for around 10k if the person is really trying to get rid of it but as stated above they tend to run about 13-15k and Krinkovs are going for about 18-20k.

Also all legal guns that are registered as Machine guns are always classified as Machine guns even if you found a way to turn a registered FA AK 47 into a single shot bolt action if it was ever a machine gun thats the classification it will always stay in.

Guest 1817ak47

sounds kinda fishy, could be a undercover. they will give you the rifle and then swat and everyone arrest and beats you down 2 minutes later. but then again maybe it is semi auto and the guy doesn't know what he has