Push for a new AW Ban!

Just now heard on CBS, under its Top Stories, that US & Mexican officials including several ex Ambassador's and former head of the DEA are recommending that we re-instate the AW Ban!

Has anybody else heard anything about this? I had not heard anything about this Topic in a long time, just hope prices on AW's and Ammo wont go crazy again, since they just now are getting decent! ;)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead

No way it'll happen before the 2010 mid-term elections. They've got people pissed off enough as it is with the stimulus package and health care. Probably not until after 2012 presidential election. Once 0bama's got nothing to lose should he get reelected, watch out.

No way it'll happen before the 2010 mid-term elections. They've got people pissed off enough as it is with the stimulus package and health care. Probably not until after 2012 presidential election. Once 0bama's got nothing to lose should he get reelected, watch out.

You say that but last night I saw a news report that Stimulus 2 is in the works... Bigger and Badder than Stimulus 1 :)

I'm not positive they won't try to push through some of their more liberal agenda if it looks like they'll loose control in 2010.

Guest canynracer

"During his run for office, President Barack Obama promised to push to reinstate the ban. He has since said he would rather enforce existing laws that make it illegal to send assault weapons across the border. "

I cant believe I am gonna say this...but Way to go Obie

Yeah after Eric Holder got the smackdown from Dems about the "Just a few gun-related changes . . ." statement, I think Obama got the message loud and clear. This is just the same old crap from the Mexicans. They'll probably make this plea every 6 months or so until Obama gets the balls to try another AWB push. And his balls are a little busy right now.

OK, I promise that's the last time I'm gonna mention Obama's testicles. :)

So what actually did the last AW ban do? There were plenty of pre-ban magizines to be had, manufactures just changed some cosmetics of the guns but most of all, it greatly increased interest in alot of people to go out and buy an AK or AR ect. That's when I bought my MAK-90, 6-30rnd mags, and 2K rounds of ammo.

I'm sure glad they banned that awful bayonet lug though, that seemed to have stopped the big epidemic of bayonet slayings.

I guess the idea was to prevent alot of pre-ban weapons from being bought an imported by dealers, it just didn't seem to work out the way they wanted it to.

Guest jackdm3
Yeah after Eric Holder got the smackdown from Dems about the "Just a few gun-related changes . . ." statement, I think Obama got the message loud and clear. This is just the same old crap from the Mexicans. They'll probably make this plea every 6 months or so until Obama gets the balls to try another AWB push. And his balls are a little busy right now.

OK, I promise that's the last time I'm gonna mention Obama's testicles. :yuck:

I'm sorry if there is commercial first:

Saturday Night Live - NPR's Delicious Dish - Schweddy Balls - Video - NBC.com

Um, enough of the Balls.

I know the Mexicans are pushing for bans on our end. Typical political move - blame the Americans...

But hey, the last time I checked, it was nigh impossible to buy from Mom and Pop Gun Shops the types of weapons the Mexicans are facing with the Cartels... I mean, who knew you could get anti-tank weapons from Army Surplus Stores?

And, the weapons they are purchasing, seem to be full auto from the International Weapons Market - not semi-autos from a few Mom and Pop shops. Besides, is it not ALREADY ILLEGAL to sell firearms to persons not citizens of the US? Is it not ALREADY ILLEGAL to sell to straw buyers, who buy for those who could not legally do so?

Hmm... guess those laws really work.

Guest Matchguy

........and they aren't mentioning the fact that a lot of the assault rifles they're finding in cartel hands have serial numbers proving they were originally owned by the Mexican Army.......hmmmmm.......wonder how they got from the Mexican Army to the cartels? Summagun, you don't spoze they's some corruption goin' own down theyah, do ya?????

MG