Wouldn't This Be Nice?

Guest oldfella

Guest oldfella

True or not - A great Idea for Tennessee, instead of State Income Tax - It would raise needed funds, and decrease the criminal element, at the same time!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally .... A Sensible Gun Registration Plan That Will Work

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack has read the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as well as Vermont 's own Constitution very carefully, and his strict interpretation of these documents is popping some eyeballs in New England and elsewhere.

Maslack recently proposed a bill to register "non-gun-owners" and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state. Thus Vermont would become the first state to require a permit for the luxury of going about unarmed and assess a fee of $500 for the privilege of not owning a gun.

Maslack read the "militia" phrase of the Second Amendment as not only affirming the right of the individual citizen to bear arms, but as a clear mandate to do so. He believes that universal gun ownership was advocated by the Framers of the Constitution as an antidote to a "monopoly of force" by the government as well as criminals.

Vermont 's constitution states explicitly that "the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State" and those persons who are "conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms" shall be required to "pay such equivalent." Clearly, says Maslack, Vermonters have a constitutional obligation to arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to "any situation that may arise."

Under the bill, adults who choose not to own a firearm would be required to register their name, address, Social Security Number, and driver's license number with the state. "There is a legitimate government interest in knowing who is not prepared to defend the state should they be asked to do so," Maslack says.

Vermont already boasts a high rate of gun ownership along with the least restrictive laws of any state .. it's currently the only state that allows a citizen to carry a concealed firearm without a permit. This combination of plenty of guns and few laws regulating them has resulted in a crime rate that is the third lowest in the nation.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

This makes sense! There is no reason why gun owners should have to pay taxes to support police protection for people not wanting to own guns. Let them contribute their fair share and pay their own way.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very interesting concept.

States like California, Jersey, Mass., Illionis, Delaware, would have a stroke!

Crime would decrease across the nation 10-fold.

I like it.

They'd be out of debt and have $$$ to burn on (yet) more stupid stuff.

Guest H0TSH0T

.. it's currently the only state that allows a citizen to carry a concealed firearm without a permit. there is another state (Alaska)???? maybe limited to open not for 100% sure. i think they should have to post a sign in the yard as-well to let the neighbors know where to run for help, or where not to....

Edited by H0TSH0T

+10 great idea!

This combination of plenty of guns and few laws regulating them has resulted in a crime rate that is the third lowest in the nation.

Hey Bloomberg, pay attention.:rant:

Guest canynracer

I like it!!! unfortunatley, it wont work :screwy:

they need to get the GOA, and NRA on board..along with every states local carry legal beagles (like the TFA)...

flood them with lawyers and new bills across the country!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Drewsett

This kind of goes along with something I've been saying for years...

We need to legalize dueling...just think how much more polite our society would be if someone you pissed off could challenge you to a duel :cool:

Guest oldfella
The guy is an idiot. It would pit gun owners against non-owners and we would get our ass handed to us.

Don’t poke a dog with a stick.

Well, I don't think that's what the has in mind - what I think he means is that it should be a constitutional mandate, not a gun-owners mandate... that's my take on it, any way.

Pete

Really thinking outside the box.

Thought it was New Hampshire that had open carry, no questions asked. I might be wrong.

New Hampshire allows open carry. No permit needed, but to conceal you have to apply for a permit.

Vermont allows conceal/open carry without permit. As far as i know.