I got run out of a store today

That phone number is from Dayton, Tennessee. I wonder what pawn shop he owns in the Dayton and Chattanooga areas?

He owns 5 ofthem in east Tn. not sure where the others are.

I would have simply said No need to leave it in the car. I'll not be returning. Thank You!

I did that.

Ok, I'm not trying to run him out of business, but if we don't stand up for our rights we WILL loose them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. If I had bought something, I would have demanded an immediate refund.

+1 on telling us. Keep telling your friends, too.

Now, if this is by choice, well, we spend our $ elsewhere. IF it is force by his insurance, we need to put pressure on the ins company...

I didn't buy anthing that day, but would have demanded a refund if I had. It's their business they can run it however they like, I just won't darken their door again.

Oh and BTW the signs are not legal signs, but they mad etheif intentions perfectly clear.:)

Volzfan - If you want to call the pawn shop and not have your caller ID shown as being from Nashville [or for any other reason] you can simply enter *67 + the number and the call will be as usual, but your name or number will not be displayed on caller ID.

Guest mikedwood
The sign prohibits loaded guns, including HCP guns. I would be breaking the law if I carried in there. I did not enter the store.

I don't go there either. And they have guns, but if they don't want me to carry I'm sure not goning to buy from them, espessially a gun.

WD's is nice with pretty good prices to but I also won't go in there after I noticed the sign. I didn't notice it the 1st couple of times in there. It's not a legal sign if I remember correctly but the intent of the sign says it all to me.

Guest H0TSH0T

you can carry in sportsman's whearhouse with a permit but it must be concealed if you are carrying i shop there often and know a few guys at the gun counter, good guys, if you open carry you will have to check you weapon and unload it. that is the stores policy, they recognize your right to carry, how ever they hope we recognize that other people shop there also and don't want to feel intimidated while they shop, so it is a two way street there.(the signs are green in-between the two sets of auto doors.)

Edited by H0TSH0T
Guest canynracer
Nope, but I got the owners phone number 423-775-8028 Ext. 4

Is this the address?

720 Congress Pkwy N

Athens, TN 37303 35.475 -84.6877

maybe time to bombard them with snail mail. :lol:

Guest canynracer

Athens Super Pawn Inc Information

Athens, TN

Contact Info: Athens Super Pawn Inc(423) 745-8920

(see map below) 720 B South Congress ParkwayAthens, TN. 37303

Mailing Address: Athens Super Pawn Inc720 B South Congress ParkwayAthens, TN. 37303

Hmm. If I had bought something, I would have demanded an immediate refund.

+1 on telling us. Keep telling your friends, too.

Now, if this is by choice, well, we spend our $ elsewhere. IF it is force by his insurance, we need to put pressure on the ins company...

It's just not true that insurance companies are requiring posting of no HCP carry signs.

Spoke to the manager of SW several times...They don't mind CC at all times. Since people carry guns in there all the time for sighting and so on they do request that if the gun is not part of your HCP rig that you check it.

They are obviously a very gun friendly store....not even sure how it was brought into question in the first place.

Is this the address?

720 Congress Pkwy N

Athens, TN 37303 35.475 -84.6877

maybe time to bombard them with snail mail. :)

Yes as you found out already. I just won;t go back in there.

Athens Super Pawn Inc Information

Athens, TN

Contact Info: Athens Super Pawn Inc(423) 745-8920

(see map below) 720 B South Congress ParkwayAthens, TN. 37303

Mailing Address: Athens Super Pawn Inc720 B South Congress ParkwayAthens, TN. 37303

I see where they are coming from. Pawn shops are worried about getting robbed and obviously this guy wants to be the only one with a gun so he doesnt have to worry about other people. Its sad he doesnt realize criminals are going to ignore those signs and you and other legally armed citizens are the ones that would come to his aid if need be.

Do you not even read? The owner who is in Dayton tells the employee that he can't have his gun either making that place a perfect place to rob. I worked in a pawn shop, I know what kind of money can be found in one, shoot, the week of the 1st is a big money week, and if the 3rd falls in the same week (as in the 1st not being on a Friday) it's even bigger money.

• 1 month later...
Guest crotalus01
you can carry in sportsman's whearhouse with a permit but it must be concealed if you are carrying i shop there often and know a few guys at the gun counter, good guys, if you open carry you will have to check you weapon and unload it. that is the stores policy, they recognize your right to carry, how ever they hope we recognize that other people shop there also and don't want to feel intimidated while they shop, so it is a two way street there.(the signs are green in-between the two sets of auto doors.)

Huh. Not in Memphis. I have OCed in Sportsman Warehouse here a few times, and it has never been an issue. First time I actually asked if they wanted me to check my gun, they said the sign only applied to non-HCP holders:screwy: and as long as it was holstered it was not a problem.