"Carry-Claus" came today!

For those of you currently waiting for DOS to process your HCP, I thought I'd give you some optimism:

Sat 10/3 I took the HCP class at Guns & Leather

Tues 10/6 AM Processed Application at DOS on Hart Lane ( getting there 30 min before opening is my suggestion to shorten the wait)

Tues 10/6 PM Fingerprinted at Cogent office at Metro Nashville Board Of Education on Bransford Avenue

Fri 10/30 HCP in my mailbox!!

Total days: 3 weeks, 4 days. That's 18 business days and pretty darn fast in my opinion. I hope you have the same success!!

Mike

Bersa Thunder .40 Pro

Ruger LCP

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GimpyLeg

A note to HCP seekers, get the prints ELECTRONICALLY! Ours took what seemed like forever (compared to some of you) because electronic fingerprints weren't offered locally. One of the ladies at the DOS HCP dept. told me the card prints take a LOT longer to go through the process. Fayetteville now has a Cogent office and I have spoke with one of ther local instructors to advise his classes to use them.

Edited by GimpyLeg
Can't spell worth a crap

Wow, that's quick. I got fingerprinted on the 15th so hopefully I'll see mine soon. I've been planning to make "the call" in about a week, but if I have the same luck as you it'll be here before I even bother. Congrats!

Guest clsutton21
A note to HCP seekers, get the prints ELECTRONICALLY! Ours took what seemed like forever (compared to some of you) because electronic fingerprints weren't offered locally. One of the ladies at the DOS HCP dept. told me the card prints take a LOT longer to go through the process. Fayetteville now has a Cogent office and I have spoke with one of ther local instructors to advise his classes to use them.

I wasn't aware they still did them any other way than electronically. Haha. I went to Goin' Postal in Cookeville to do mine and know a few people that went to Mr. Postman in Winchester.

About the same here. Filed on October 5th, Came in mail on October 31. I was very surprised. I expected sometime in November at the earliest. Three of my friends that filed a week before me still haven't gotten theirs yet though. Said there's isn't mailing out till next week. They didn't call at all till i got mine. I called after 3 weeks.

Guest H0TSH0T

that is great, took my class the weekend after my b day, had all the paperwork, prints, dmv , ect done the following Monday,and the phone call, took 6 days shy of 3 months to the mailbox.

I renewed mine in late Sept. since my HCP expires in Oct. Was told at the DMV that it may take upwards of 6 months to recieve my new HCP. Granted the receipt along with the expired HCP is still legal, but my goodness that makes my wallet look like its rally loaded with cash. Of which I assure you its not. LOL