I need a job...

Buzzard217

My hours were just cut in half at my current full time job and I need something to make up the difference or another full time position. I am currently an engineering tech at a PME firm and also have architectural experience. I am more than willing to consider other lines of work as money is quickly running out. If anyone knows of any openings please let me know. I have a resume ready to email for anyone who can help.

Thanks for anything anyone can do,

Brandon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Brandon.

I, too, am looking for anything part-time to get a bit of cash. I am taking care of my parents who both have dementia problems. I am trying to let them stay in their home as long as possible. That doesn't pay my bills and I know exactly how it is with the money running out.

I'm not looking for a career just $200 to $300 a week.

Guest logicprevails

Invest in an armed or unarmed guard license. There are companies all over Nashville and other cities hiring contract, weekend guards. Wouldn't be hard to pick up some extra money that way. A lot of the contract companies need people with some common sense to place at their client locations part time.

Good luck Brandon.

I, too, am looking for anything part-time to get a bit of cash. I am taking care of my parents who both have dementia problems. I am trying to let them stay in their home as long as possible. That doesn't pay my bills and I know exactly how it is with the money running out.

I'm not looking for a career just $200 to $300 a week.

I ran across this because of a similar family situation. My grandparents required too much care for family members to be able to handle, so they were unable to stay at home. However, this might be worth looking into if your parents qualify. The paperwork and hoops might be overwhelming, but apparently Medicaid or Tenncare will pay a family member to take care of a loved one at home if it allows them to stay at home longer.

Just a thought.

Will people get paid to take care of their family members at home?

It is important to note that, while this waiver will allow for compensation of family members, the State will carefully assess each person’s needs to help ensure that we do not begin paying for care that would have otherwise been provided without pay. Our goal is to “wrap around” the natural support networks and help sustain them, thus delaying the need for more expensive institutional care.

Needs assessments will identify “gaps” in care—where family and other uncompensated caregivers are not able to meet the person’s needs. Services will then be provided to fill those gaps and to help support unpaid family and other caregivers. Elderly and disabled participants will have the choice of deciding whether they wish such services to be provided by an agency or by other non-traditional caregivers which may include family members, friends, and neighbors.

TennCare

Guest Tusculum

You guys that live around Knoxville and Nashville and anywhere large airports are. Ive been on the net for 6 months looking at Federal and State jobs. The best thing Ive found that is Federal is Dept. of Homeland Security needs people now according to them. Airport screeners,X-Rayers. I think it starts about 28K. They want 1 yr. security experience but if your a gunowner you should be pretty well trained at security. You do it all on line. Hey it aint gonna make you rich but it would be steady work and job security. I have a 26 year old that applied today. He has been laid off from NorFolk Southern for almost a year now. Went from 60K a year to 300 a week but the unemployment is about to run out according to him. Pulled up stakes, Moved to Knoxville, paying horrible rent for an" average" apartment. Hes just about killed his savings so its rough all over. Good Luck! Jack

Guest Swamprunner

Bechtel is hiring. Go to the Bechtel employment site, and you will have a pretty good shot if you have power plant experience, either Nuc of Fossil.

Good luck.

Swamp

Bechtel is hiring. Go to the Bechtel employment site, and you will have a pretty good shot if you have power plant experience, either Nuc of Fossil.

Good luck.

Swamp

I was just going to suggest that. My neighbor works for them out of Spring City, and they are ramping up. They had nothing in my line of work, but you might find a slot.

I was laid off last Jan. Got my Armed license and certifications and havent had any luck finding anything on this end of the state. Sad part is I make more on unemployment than most jobs are paying. They did just give us 20 more weeks, so thats good.

Try Jacobs Engineering as well. I have an acquaintance with them that said they have work coming up in East TN. The company that laid me off worked as a GC for them in Rockwood. They are a big company.