Tent - endorsement

I'd put this in product reviews, but there isn't a 'miscellaneous' section. I'm not selling them, have no affiliation with the maker, and 10 seconds on Google will give you the website.

Recently picked up an AppyTrails MkV 5 man tent. Granted, getting 5 people in it would be a bit of a squeeze, but 3 would be comfortable. For one or two it is a palace. For a certain value of palace, that is...

It is well made, quality material and construction. It does not have a floor - pack a separate groundcloth if that matters to you. I'm using a remnant of Tyvek house wrap, but am currently looking at alternatives. If I were to change anything about this tent, I'd add a piece of lightweight mosquito netting to one door, which is pretty easily done. In fact, that is on my "to-do" list, as I have a couple surplus mosquito nets.

Setup isn't difficult - maybe 5 minutes, tops.

The outstanding characteristic of this tent is it's weight. Well under two pounds. It packs nicely, too - I have it in a side pocket of my pack. My sleeping bag is bulkier. Heck, 3 or 4 pairs of good heavy socks would be bulkier, for that matter.

For the size and weight, comparable to a poncho or tarp shelter, I don't know of anything better on the market.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pontiac_fiero_g

nice review. thank you again mark for teaching me to setup a tent, i know that doesnt sound like a big deal just spending 5 minutes helping me but it meant alot to me.

• 1 month later...