XDM-9 3.8

nightrunner

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to bring back up the grip length thing. This gun will be perfect for people like me that want a 4 inch ish barrel on their XD(M). I love 4 inch barrel guns but I cant deal with the smaller grips of guns like the XDSC. I have an XD9SC and always have to use the full size mag with extension because when my pinky hangs off, I cant hit the broad side of a barn. This gun could easily end up in my collection as soon as I can see one in person and test it out.

Maybe I missed it but has anyone seen a posted price for the 3.8?

They are going about the same as the "full size" XDM's on gunbroker (Buy it Now, anyway.)

I want to bring back up the grip length thing. This gun will be perfect for people like me that want a 4 inch ish barrel on their XD(M). I love 4 inch barrel guns but I cant deal with the smaller grips of guns like the XDSC. I have an XD9SC and always have to use the full size mag with extension because when my pinky hangs off, I cant hit the broad side of a barn. This gun could easily end up in my collection as soon as I can see one in person and test it out.

I couldnt agree more. I shot a compact XD 9mm and hated the grip. Then I shot a full size XD 40 and I really loved the grip. From what I hear the XDM grip is even better (have yet to shoot or hold one since I cant seem to find them locally). Since I dont plan to actually carry a gun except once in a blue moon, the shorter barrel is just a tad bit more convenient for my truck and/or nightstand. I also think it looks better BUT all this could change once I get to shoot one.

Heck, I may end up with a full size XDM before it is said and done! :P

... I love 4 inch barrel guns but I cant deal with the smaller grips of guns like the XDSC. I have an XD9SC and always have to use the full size mag with extension because when my pinky hangs off, I cant hit the broad side of a barn. ..

Why did you get the SC instead of the XD Service? The SC is 3" barrel, the service is 4, with same grip size as you are using with the SC.

- OS

Guest abailey362

while I would love to see this with a shorter grip, I don't think the concealability was the focus for this gun, but better balance for some shooters, at least that's what I get from SA's website

Well, I'm an XD fan, but that is quite a crock, IMNSHO.

The butt is the primary concealability factor, not whacking off a whopping .7" diff on barrel length.

- OS

Weight is a considerable factor as well, at least for me

Weight is a considerable factor as well, at least for me

According to Springfield specs, the 3.8 model weights 4.5 oz less, unloaded.

With 20 rounds of 9mm weighing another 8.5 ounces, I'm not sure most anyone would notice diff in a gun weighing well over 2 lbs either way.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot