Poll: Who should win the Heisman?

USMCJG

Who should Win the Heisman Trophy?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Win the Heisman Trophy?

• Toby Gerhart
    • Mark Ingram
    • Colt McCoy
    • Kellen Moore
    • Tim Tebow
    • Other

Now that the conference championships have been played, who do you guys think should win the Heisman Trophy? Toby Gerhart of Stanford has had a great year but his team lost four games. Mark Ingram of Alabama played well against Florida in helping Alabama win, but he doesn't have the numbers of Gerhart. Colt McCoy of Texas, who might have locked it up with a big game in the Big 12 championship, played poorly in squeaking out a win against Nebraska. Kellen Moore of Boise State had a great season too, but against some weaker opponents. Tim Tebow of Florida did not play well in the SEC championship and lost badly to Alabama.

So who do you guys think should win the Heisman Trophy this year and why?

Edited by USMCJG
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ndamukong Suh (U of Nebraska) should win it. He is the best pound for pound player in the country. If the Heisman was based on pure individual talent Suh would win it hands down. But since the Heisman isnt based on individual players anymore McCoy or Ingram will probably win it. My money is on McCoy.

Guest That Guy
Ndamukong Suh (U of Nebraska) should win it. He is the best pound for pound player in the country. If the Heisman was based on pure individual talent Suh would win it hands down. But since the Heisman isnt based on individual players anymore McCoy or Ingram will probably win it. My money is on McCoy.

Big Suh, beyond a shadow of a doubt!:koolaid:

Good point Jason and That Guy. I should have included Suh in the poll. He is one heck of a player. But as you guys said, I really don't think he has a shot at actually winning the Heisman, even if he maybe should. No player who played exclusively on defense has ever won the Heisman Trophy. Only five players have ever won who didn't play either running back or quarterback, and they all played at least some at wide receiver or tight end. Charles Woodson is the closest thing to a purely defensive player that has ever won the Heisman, and he primarily won it for returning kicks and playing some wide receiver(and so Peyton couldn't have it).

Edited by USMCJG
:koolaid: I think the Heisman voters have a little more integrity than the Nobel Prize committee.;)
Charles Woodson is the closest thing to a purely defensive player that has ever won the Heisman, and he primarily won it for returning kicks and playing some wide receiver

Not so much really. Woodson wasn't the best kick returner/DB around that year. He won because ESPN started touting him constantly and blatantly overlooked his horrendous play against OSU instead jabbering how well he played with a game saving interception - the QB under throwing a WIDE open receiver you're covering doesn't constitute a great defensive play - you was beat or you wouldn't have been 15yds BEHIND the receiver.

I did not know Mark Ingram till last night. He did a great job against Fl.

But I do not put any Importance on the Heisman since Payton Manning lost to Charles Woodson. It is a crap award.:koolaid:

I did not know Mark Ingram till last night. He did a great job against Fl.

But I do not put any Importance on the Heisman since Payton Manning lost to Charles Woodson. It is a crap award.:koolaid:

I agree that the Heisman Trophy is not the be-all end-all award for college football. And, like you, I'm still a little peeved that Peyton got screwed out of the award. But I didn't start this thread to discuss the merits of the Heisman Trophy, or to see who fellow football fans thought would get the award. I just posted to see who everyone thinks deserves the award if they had a vote.;)
Good point Jason and That Guy. I should have included Suh in the poll. He is one heck of a player. But as you guys said, I really don't think he has a shot at actually winning the Heisman, even if he maybe should.

I dont think he will win, but I do think he will at least get an invite to New York.

I agree that the Heisman Trophy is not the be-all end-all award for college football. And, like you, I'm still a little peeved that Peyton got screwed out of the award. But I didn't start this thread to discuss the merits of the Heisman Trophy, or to see who fellow football fans thought would get the award. I just posted to see who everyone thinks deserves the award if they had a vote.:koolaid:

I do apologize for steering in the wrong direction.

Damn, I thought I was going to be the only write in vote for Suh... He is a stud. I bet he wins more of the other awards than anyone else ever has. It's good to see there are some real fans here that know the game instead of just the headlines.

Mark

Damn, I thought I was going to be the only write in vote for Suh... He is a stud. I bet he wins more of the other awards than anyone else ever has. It's good to see there are some real fans here that know the game instead of just the headlines.

Mark

Yes sir. Suh is the most physically talented player going into the draft in 2010. And he should win the Heisman.

Guest abailey362

I voted ingram but don't think he will win. Bama had too much depth this year and a lot of voters base their decisions on what would happen if that player was not on their team. Unfortunately Bama has enough depth that someone else would have punched the ball down the middle play after play, but I don't think they would have been near as explosive and consistent.