Members?

Guest Ae-35

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

I believe he's asking if we know of anyone that has had a major organ transplant. I don't know anyone specifically thats had a transplant, but I know a doctor that performs them at Vanderbilt.

Thanks , just wanting to know if anyone on tgo has received a transplant, I received a new heart at Vandy in 98. Seems I don't run into a lot of shooters who've received them. I know of one in K-town, thats all. Sorry i wanted to ask, but without trying to make anyone uncomfortable , about answering personnal questions.

Guest jackdm3

I know this is not about a transplant. Here goes:

If my father were alive today, he would be a member of TGO and would answer your question. He got a titanium valve in '99 that leaked. In 2000 he got a pig valve to replace it and never woke up from the surgery-induced coma.

I would say that if you got it in '98, you may be clear of most of your concerns. 11 years is a decent amount of time to have it settle in/grow with you. Keeping it checked and treated should be a routine you will follow.

Most of his problem was his over-indulgence of fat and lack of exercise. And chain smoking. Had he felt like his family was worth it, he would still be here.

Best regards.

He isn't a member here...yet. But the person who probably has the most to do with me shooting received a kidney in the last 2 years and is doing wonderful. Now if I could just get him to stop bringing his EBR with him when we go shoot it might keep me from wanting one.