Refinished My Para(Whatta ya Think)

krunchnik

Yup,I just refinished my Para LTC,of all things I used VHT satin black bake on brake caliper paint and also installed a new set of factory rear sights.I dont know how well the finish is going to stand up to holstering but I guess I will find out,has anyone else ever used a non gun type finish,if so what brand and how well or not well did it work.(I only refinished the slide).:)

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides degreasing, what kind of prep work did you do?

I'd like to know this as well.

It does look good - finish seems to be uniform and I hope that it does well for you. If you could, would you please post some followup pictures in the next few weeks to show us how it fares?

For preping the metal I used 1000 grit wet or dry autumotive finish paper and sanded the complete slide,after that I used CLP Gun Scrubber for complete degreasing,did about 3 cycles and let dry completely between sprays.The can of paint was only a little over $8.00,thats why I figured if it doesnt work out I am not out a lot of money just the time I spent.I completely took the slide apart,the only thing left was the front sight.I replaced the rear sights with Para new style factory 2 dot.Thanks for all the thumbs up,and I will post more pics in a couple of weeks to compare how its wearing.:shrug:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.