East Tn TGO Members DECEMBER 2007 Meet

Guest Valkyrie
we got some news today that wasn't exactly what we wanted and will mean that we have to be even more cautious in the next few weeks.....If we can hold out that long.

I hope everything turns out ok with your wife - ya'll will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, what I'm seeing about the weather looks OK for tomorrow. Sunday is another matter.

Still, I'm going to wuss out on this one too. Too much going on to make the trip.

Maybe I can go to the top of my ridge and take out someone on the interstate. :up:

Guest Phantom6
in spite of the forecast, historically it does not rain on our shoots.

This is true. The range will be open tomorrow for those who wish to come out. If it gets into a steady downpour after noon, we'll call the shooting and head to Champs (just around the corner from our classroom in the Jackson Square area) for beer, burgers, billiards, foosball and big screen sports- that is if'n y'all like that kind of stuff. :panic: If you are unsure as to where we are at call the office number (483.1108) and we'll let you know where we are at and provide directions. Here below is a map.

02.jpg

Does whoever takes care of the roads in Knox County know something I don't?

They have already put brine down on Tazewell Pk. Are we supposed to get snow and ice?

Me too. :panic: I thought I saw that stuff out there in front of the Walmart in Halls on Norris Freeway. :)

I think I'm going to play it by ear. I had warned the wifey that I was planning on making it out to the shoot, but I'd say she's forgotten already. If its pouring tomorrow, I probably won't come. If its just sprinkling, I may make it out.

I was planning on bringing my family heirloom Remington Sportsman semi-automatic, and I'd sure hate to get it wet.

Guest Scottech

...neither snow nor sleet nor dark of night..will keep Scottech and Son from coming to meet with the greatest group of shooters in East Tennessee. Gave the son an early Christmas present of a Marlin Model 60 Semi-Auto .22. Also cleaned the Mini-14 and bought some more .223 ammo. Picked up a few ponchos too if'n it gets too rainy. Got some Brats and Doritos too.

If it is not douching rain in the morning I will be there. I caught a bit of a cold earlier this week but I ain't skeered.

A little rain does not hurt guns. Leaving them in a soaking wet condition at the end of the day is what will cause problems. If rain hurt guns then wars could never be fought.

Heck I hear Glocks like rain, the more the better. Not that I have a Glock but I seen pictures of 'em.

*Heavy sigh of relief*

I just got off the phone with the nervous mother of one of my guests, who isn't coming. Her mom went BERSERK for a bit. I heard in the background, a yell "They want you to sign a waiver to shoot a GUN!?" After that, she gave her mom the phone and let me talk. Her biggest thing was "So if she gets shot, I can;t sue?", and then I explained about how there's a business running there, and they were required to have it to remain in business. ANd then I proceeded to explain that it's the safest sport there is, with no accidents since the range was started (correct?) and everyone really strict about safety. As well as Mike's job being teaching the new people. They're going to Sweetwater. I told her that she could come if she wanted, the entire family could, and so she wants me ot tell her when next month's is. Everyone, bring a box or two of extra ammo in January, you'll have some nervous new shooters. And an extra pair of muffs.

Guest Verbal Kint
Not to be rude, but if she's worried that she won't be able to sue anyone, then she can find her own ammo to shoot.

I agree... and I haven't even had the pleasure to participate in these shoots yet. Ammo definitely isn't cheap these days, and I'd be even less inclined to fork over "a box or two of extra ammo" so someone with this mindset can shoot. :)

I can understand trying to promote the hobby/sport of shooting... and being a good Ambassador... but certain things quickly turn me off of trying to help someone. Such as the mother's attitude and her remarks. My reply to her statement, in regards to not being able to sue someone, would have been "Please forget about attending... as I regretfully retract my invitation. Good day."

Guest Boomhower

I'm sure she was only concerned about what happens if something happens at the range, and some people don't really know how to convey their thoughts at each given time, so me thinking how she actually said it and what she actually meant are probably two different things. I wouldn't mind letting someone use SOME of my ammo, but if I buy an extra box or 2 of ammo, I'll be the one shooting majority of it.

I'm sure she was only concerned about what happens if something happens at the range, and some people don't really know how to convey their thoughts at each given time, so me thinking how she actually said it and what she actually meant are probably two different things. I wouldn't mind letting someone use SOME of my ammo, but if I buy an extra box or 2 of ammo, I'll be the one shooting majority of it.
I'd probably stick them to .22LR and Short.

.22 Short is like a BB gun on crack! XD I can't even tell if I fired or if I'm out!

My photos are up! http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/uryu_ishida/ETGO%20DEC%202007/

EDIT: Thanks for taking most of the pictures, Dotsun!

Guest Scottech

Great meet! Corey and I enjoyed it very much. Good seeing and shooting with the core of the East TGO crew. Phantom6, Phantom7, Mike.357, dotson, c.a.s, jamesmb, wareagle, branket & BenS,

..and as always Mike (Phantom6) was a great host. I salute you all. :eek:

Guest Boomhower
Good seeing and shooting with the core of the East TGO crew. Phantom6, Phantom7, Mike.357, dotson, c.a.s, jamesmb, wareagle, branket & BenS

The core of E. TGO......I'm hurt......j/k

Sorry I wasn't able to make it out guys. I thought about it all day long. Everytime I looked outside and it wasn't raining I just shook my head. Oh well, hopefully I will be able to get back together with you guys in Feb. Jan isn't really looking good either way you swing it. My wife will either, still be on bed rest, or we'll have a very young newborn to take care of.