East Tn TGO Members DECEMBER 2007 Meet

Alright I'm in the core! Although it hasn't felt like it recently, I suppose I was at the first meet back before Phantom's range was done. In any case I'm glad to be back, and I had a blast today. Enjoyed meeting some new folks and enjoyed shooting the AR for the first time.

Sort of dreading the inevitable posting of the sombrero picture but other than that I have no regrets. :eek:

P.S. I propose that instead of telling new East TGO members to drink the Kool-Aid and come to the meets we should tell them to eat the Doritos.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

I think we need to start having a test for the newbie's to get in to our elite East TN band of brothers.:eek:

......and I liked the sombrero. It made you look thinner.:D

Today was another great Pow-Wow with the fellow members of the TGO Eastern Band tribe. It was a rootin-tootin-shootin good time!

We got started right around 10 AM with a whole shebang of open shooting. And in short order it was a full blown shooting match.

Branket won the ICE qualifer. I am not sure but I think he qualified as an illegal alien. At least I know he was caught on film wearing a sombrero. Ben, CAS and Mom of CAS participated. As far as I could tell there was a bunch of sharp shooting going on in this event.

We had the Ball Busting event in pistol, rimfire rifle and centerfire rifle. Winners of each were awarded certificates of excelence. All in all there were a lot of bruised and shot up balls. Scott proved that sites on a rifle are strictly optional.

Dotsun knocked the most feathers off of the clay pidgeons scoring a perfect 10 of 10.

There was steel plate shooting and paper plate shooting going on at one of the other firing points.

It was nice to have newcomers JamesMB and BenS. I had not met Branket before and it was an honor to be showered by his brass on the rifle line. Literally I took a few off the face before deciding to move my firing position in the Big Bore catagory of Ball Busting. Was also great to meet WarEagle and shoot his new toy. Still not sure where Rabbi hid the cylinder on that AK.

No rain until we were just about done for the day anyway. And those little showers did not dampen anyones enthusiasm.

Thanks Phantom6 for hosting us, it was a great event once again.

And to all of you who chose to stay home :eek: Hope to see you next time!

PS: It is all about the Dorito's (Official snack food of TGO shoots)

I had a great time yesterday, awesome job Phantom. :) Scott, Cheryl's been talking smack about the .22 ball busting. I'd better stop there about that lest I get smacked by her. :D Great shoot!

Guest Phantom6

WHAT A BLAST (every pun intended) ! A great way to escape the seemingly endless trudging through aisle after aisle in store after store Christmas shopping with the girls. Right scottech and Corey? Heck Yeah!:lol:

Congratz to the event winners- that would be all that participated. Big contratz to those who finished ahead of the rest of us.

mexican_sm.jpg

The I.C.E. Qualification was as they say, Muy Bueno! C.A.S.'s mom stepped right up and shot even though she is not a regular pistol shooter. :DBenS (first timer to the TGO East Shoot), C.A.S. and Branket rounded out the group of shooters.

For those that didn't reach the minimum qualification score of 190, most would have qualified if it hadn't been for a few dropped shots, most of which came at the 25 yd line. Very impressive.

Branket took the event with the high score of 230 shooting what? A Springfield XD9 of course. BTW Branket you are safe until I find that USB cord but when I do the whole world will be treated to that pic of you in the sombrero. I showed the pic to my wife and she thought you looked somewhat dapper in that lid. She thought you "kind of had that Juan Valdez thing goin' on". :)

Ball_Buster_sm.jpg

The Great Golf Ball Run was a hoot. Next time I'll get the leaf blower out and try to get the course cleaned off a bit but after all guys, we are in the middle of the woods. As mike357 , winner of the centerfire division of the Great Golf Ball Run found out, every course has it's hazards. Varmint holes just happen to be peculiar to ours. :P

We had three divisions-

1. Pistol
  2. Rimfire
  3. Centerfire

Dotsun took the Pistol Division (?), Mike357 grabbed the centerfire div. and Scottech took the rimfire div.

Clay_Shooter_Patch_sm.jpg

Clay Pigeon Shoot- Mike357,War Eagle, Dotsun, Phantom7 and myself shot the clays. Dotson was the top shotgunner with a perfect 10 of 10. Good Shootin'!

Now to the lost and found department-

• WarEagle, I got your "bag-o-bullets". PM me and let me know where you want to meet and when and I'll get 'em gback to you.
  • Austin found a cell phone cover on the road between the range and the parking area. Everybody check your cell phones. Return procedure is the same as above.

Hey Boomhower, it's a good thing that I don't have a cell phone gun. Hitting the "Delete" button could be a real bitch.:D

:up:

Now, where's that darned USB cable?

Guest Phantom6
Nice to get out to the shoot today and meet everybody. Did you get rain later? Phantom6 I just mailed out what I owed so you should get it early this week.

Yep we got a little rain as we were wrapping up. Hope you get that S&W running right. The folks over at Guns and More on Kingston Pike do a good job for a fair price re:gunsmithing. I appreciate the mailing. Glad you made it out and we look forward to seeing you out there again in the future.

Branket took the event with the high score of 230 shooting what? A Springfield XD9 of course. :)

Correction I almost used the XD but opted for the Kimber Pro Carry II instead. As for the sombrero pic its alread up in cody's photobucket so I supposed its been compromised.

Guest Phantom6
Ahem...:)

Correction made on post. Sorry about that cheif (to coin a phrase).

Branket wrote: Correction I almost used the XD but opted for the Kimber Pro Carry II instead. As for the sombrero pic its alread up in cody's photobucket so I supposed its been compromised.

I guess it was all the magazine hunting/swaping that went on back on the shooting tables before and after the event as Donna kept co-mingling your XD magazines with mine that got me confused. Re the sombrero pic, I couldn't open Cody's photobucket page for some reason prior to my post and didn't realize that it was there but I think Sharon is right; you do kind of have that Juan Valdez thing goin' on there. :D:lol:

Guest Phantom6
I think that cellphone cover is mine. Musta dropped it on the way home.

How do you want to go about meeting to retrieve it? I could meet you at our classroom at you rconvenience.