Is joining a survival group a good idea or bad idea

Guest meadowmb

Guest Bonedaddy
I've got a few really close friends that I've know for many years and if SHTF we would all band together with are families. This is not a survival group but a close knit bunch of guys that I would trust my or my wife's life with. That's the only way I could do it. I could never trust strangers even if they were a "survival group". The fact is that you never know how people will act under extreme duress.

Too many times have I seen a man's so called close friends or family screw him bad. Like was said, under exstreme duress nobody is trust worthy. It'll be hard enough just to keep the wife and kids under reasonable control. And that's if YOU are reasonable and under control. I prepare for me and mine. I've suffered enough just livin' life. If the sh*t gets too deep, I may just have to ask if we want the easy way out before I deal with someone else's stupidity in this world. May sound crazy, but I will always save at least one bullet for an out. Sometimes things just aren't worth it and I won't let another try to prove what I already know.:cheers:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bonedaddy

:screwy:

just about my whole family live on one small mountain, thats a ready made group right there. We just get the guns from my safe, get the ammo from my brothers, round up the clips from my Dads, and then go to my Grandmothers for orders. HEY somebody has to be the boss and she has had lots of practice!!! Then you throw in the friends I grew up with that still live close by and we have got this mountain covered and you know how them country boys love their guns and shootin stuff. You might want to call before you come. That is the kind of group to belong to because it takes a while to get too really know people and what their values are, and I wouldnt want to have the test to be when they were behind me with a gun........

I think Rando here has the best chance of anyone I've heard so far. I know how these country/mountain folk are. Wish I were back in them hills. It'll take an army to bring'm down and Grannie ain't havin' none of it! If they ever get hold of claymore's or such, I wouldn't want to try it. Just wind up so much hog feed. De,da,ding,ding-ding,ding,ding!

I feel bad for the folks who trust no one. If that is the case, then what is the point in trying to survive at all?

As far as joining as group goes........

Determine what their core principals/values are first. If they are in line with your own give them a go on a trial basis. Try to get together for group activities often such as cook outs, camping, hiking, fishing, shooting, etc. See if they are reliable about showing up. Come up with several projects that the group can work on be it around the house or at the retreat. Always be up front and honest about your thoughts. If someone or some thing is bugging you, find a non-offensive way to bring it up and try to resolve the little problems before they turn into big ones. JMHO....omv.