What are you lookin' at?

Guest jackdm3

watched Hurt Locker and Surrogate today.

Hurt Locker was ok I guess, definetely wouldnt buy it.

Surrogate was pretty good IMO. Starred Bruce Willis in a world maybe 5 years in the future where everyone except a few who refuse it(led by Ving Rahmes) stay inside their homes all the time and are hooked up to a machine in which their thoughts control a "surrogate" a human looking and acting robot that goes into the real world for them, no disease and no pain, no injuries, etc. when some guy has a weapon that can kill the surrogate and the operator simultenously.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Caveman
Need to get you sum!

See. That's right after your post again. "Directed" at you.

Ok, well you wrote "Did you watch the copy we got from Neflix?" which makes no sense to me since I don't know who "we" is or how I would have gotten a copy of Westworld from "we."

Goodnight jackdm3 :D

Guest jackdm3

Do you find that when you see ALOT of movies and TV online that you absorb less of it? Finding yourself more distracted and less vested in the shows?

Do you find that when you see ALOT of movies and TV online that you absorb less of it? Finding yourself more distracted and less vested in the shows?

Yeah. Like right now I'm here at work and listening/watching to "What's Happing!". It makes it hard when I get home and try to watch normal TV. The commercials seem extremely long and interruptive. :D

Edited by Smith
Guest jackdm3

We've got Netflix, Netflix viewing online, Redbox, the occasional free Blockbuster rentals, NCIS online, SOA online in several months. I find that having so much to see, that I tend to see little of what I watch. Shortly after we go to the movies I'll be asking Kathy what just happened. I don't enjoy things as much, and I'm only 38. They've been calling me a sourpuss for years.

Guest jackdm3

I rented "Green Street Holligans" with Elijah Wood and Claire Forlani. Elijah leaves Harvard as a journalism major and goes to see his sister in England. He befriends the leader of a gang while he figures out his next step in life. It's good, but I kept thinking the leader looked EXACTLY like the guy that plays Jax on Sons of Anarchy but with a crew cut.

IT IS JAX!

That's why it's a decent film. I always thought he was just an American actor, though sometimes I thought he let an Australian accent slip out.

His name is Charlie Hunnam from Newcastle, England!

Guest jackdm3

A Super Bowl commercial featured "Numa Numa" and "Chocolate Rain." Showed their respective videos to wifey. She looked at "Rain" and said, "What? That's it?"

Guest jackdm3

There is no film that I've ever seen that made me feel on the verge of sweating and throwing up than "Hard Candy" with that girl from "Juno," Ellen Page. This will reach all men on a guttural level. I challenge the brave ones here to see if this doesn't top any "Saw" film, but it's not even gory like the "Saw" films.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 6.8 AR

Hot for Teacher's good, too. Now I'm sidetracked for the rest of the day. I guess I'll have to go to Youtube and look at all of them:D, until work, anyway.