Lefty ARs

Guest happyg

Guys,

Are there any Stag dealers in the state? I'm kind of getting the bug and wanted to start looking around. Being a lefty, I'm kind of limited when it comes to ARs. The only other rifle that I found that was very lefty friendly was the Sig 556. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

Happy

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Back in March I ordered a Stag Arms left handed AR-15 from Guns & Leather. When I talked to Daniel there, he didn't seem to optimistic. I persisted and ordered anyway.

So, 4 1/2 months later my "ordered AR" still hadn't come in, but G&L had gotten in a new Stag lefty M4 that was equivalent to what I wanted. I went up last Saturday and met with Dennis and walked out happily with the new Stag lefty M4. Guns & Leather is a class act operation...They rank very high on my list of Tennessee gun dealers.

Here's what I've learned about Stag Arms....

-They're not as big an outfit as you think they are.(this has nothing to do with quality, just quantity)

-They've acquired the new Smith & Wesson contract, so they're busy as bees.

-They also make right handed ARs and that's the dominant/majority AR order.

If you're going to order an AR from Stag Arms through any gun dealer, getting it ain't gonna happen to soon. It's best to do like I've done and just get it when you see it or find it.

Edited by The Average Joe
Guest Grout

I don't see much use for a left hand AR myself.And yes I shoot long guns lefty.You can operate the bolt release with your trigger finger as well as put the safety on with it.To take the safety off move your thumb over,flip the switch and move it back,takes about half a second.All A2 model guns have a brass deflector as well so no worrys about hot brass going down your shirt. I guess it is a way to sell more guns however some parts may be expensive to replace if needed such as the bolt carrier.OMFMMV.

Glad you finally got your Stag Joe, even if it wasnt exactly the model you wanted :D. I've been thus far impressed with their quality though, even if its once in a blue moon I actually get the ones I want to stock. We'll see how long it takes em to actually deliver the one we order for you.

Daniel,

It's always a pleasure and a treat to visit you and your family at G&L.

This was not my first purchase from Guns & Leather, but is my first firearm purchase from you all. Needless to say, It's probably not my last. I really enjoy the atmosphere, sellection, and all the other goodies/accessories you guys offer.:D

I'm looking forward to shopping G&L after Christmas bonus time.:woohoo:

I have built several lefty uppers for you southpaws. Pretty easy and goes together just like any other upper.

I am a Stag dealer and can order whatever you want (as long as it is in stock :D), but all you really need is an ambi safety on a regular lower and add the lefty upper.

They also have the ambi mag release, but it doesn't seem to matter really and it is expensive for what it does.

I'm going to have to second the 'why leftie?' sentiment.. On rifle I'm a die-hard left handed shooter. None of the AR's I've picked up had any problems for me.. they shot straight, didn't dump brass down my britches and I could work all the controls.

I'd say try a rightie first.. see if you still feel the need. Going leftie might make things a tad interesting at some ranges. You'd be flinging brass to the left, when everyone was expecting it to the right. I'll still get dirty looks from the occasional benchrest shooter who gets wacked by brass when they knew what I was shooting before they setup.