.357 SIG

Guest 10mm4me

Guest 10mm4me

I had an M&P .357. I longer have that gun (thank goodness) but I have a ton of ammo for it. I will be getting either a G32 or G33 in the near future. Any preferences. I am pretty sure the G33 will be a "snappy" shooter so I am leaning towards the G32

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't much difference between the two when you have the pinky extension on the 33. I went with the 32 because I liked the feel of it better. I am not a big fan of the pinky extension. Recoil isn't that bad out of either.

I love my g33, its the edc. handles fine, Accuracy is not a problem with it. Iv got a g31c also and its a nice shooter.

your more than welcome to shoot mine if your ever in the lower part of the state.

Guest 10mm4me
I love my g33, its the edc. handles fine, Accuracy is not a problem with it. Iv got a g31c also and its a nice shooter.

your more than welcome to shoot mine if your ever in the lower part of the state.

Southern hospitality at it's best.Thanks

Have had the 32 for over two years. An awesome piece to carry and shoot. The best advice I can give though is to try both, see which one you are more comfortable with, then enjoy the ride! Also, if possible, holster each one and see how they feel. Be sure to wear the type clothing you will normally wear. That way you get an honest look and feel before you lay your money down and then walk away knowing you've made a wise investment.

Guest HexHead

You might want to wait for the 4th Gen. G32, the double recoil spring assembly may really soften the recoil and make it less snappy. I'm leaning that way.

Got to shoot a G33 last week, I can't tell any difference in recoil between it and the G27. Both a little snappy, kind of like shoot'n +P's out of a J-frame. I can't see a reason for the mag extension, it makes the butt the same size as a regular compact model. For me I like the G26, not because it has less recoil, but because I can get much faster follow-up shots.JMO. Any of the baby glocks are just as easy to conceal as a snub-nose wheelgun and more rounds plus easier to shoot quickly because of the lower bore axis. Good luck.

Edited by Ae-35
You might want to wait for the 4th Gen. G32, the double recoil spring assembly may really soften the recoil and make it less snappy. I'm leaning that way.

I believe you can buy a double recoil spring for the 3rg gen now.

Guest 10mm4me

I carry a G19, (for now, for some reason unknown to me I am becoming a revolver guy, one GP100 later and I am hooked) of which the G32 is a carbon copy. I love it so I will prob get that. I was only considering the G33 for size reasons but I think the G32 is the ticket.

Yeah, like the OD, got a OD G19, but G26 is black. My next ( late fall or early winter) Glock will be a OD 4th gen G17, then I'm done ( with Glocks) ,I hope. 2 45s, 2 9s, 2 38s, and 2 22s. My handgun addiction is gett'n out of hand!!!:love:

I recently bought a Sig P226 in .357 Sig. This is the gun that the round was made for and now it is my winter time EDC. This gun appears to be a Police trade in CPO and I bought it cheaper than a new Glock from G&L. Yes it is a full size hand cannon and I love taking it to the range and very accurate, just a suggestion!!!! COOP

The most enjoyable gun I ever fired, chambered in .357sig was an XD-357 Service... second on the list was the P239, and a close third was a Glock 32. I also had an M&P-357... I hated it, not because I dislike anything about the M&P line, but because for some reason the recoil characteristics of that caliber in that gun made the slide 'bounce' off of battery, as if the slide velocity was too high. I think they just had the wrong weight recoil spring in the gun. Also, I has issues with bulged brass and off-center and out-of-battery primer strikes. I would recommend any other .357sig pistol than the M&P, honestly.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/2733-new-pistol-fullsize-smith-wesson-m-p-357-a.html

Guest HexHead
I believe you can buy a double recoil spring for the 3rg gen now.

It will be different than the 4th gen assembly. The frame and slide recess for the recoil spring assembly is wider to accommodate it, which is why the parts aren't interchangeable with the 3rd gen.

I've got one of the EFK double recoil springs for my 23-->32 conversion, but I've yet to shoot with it. I wouldn't hold your breath on the gen 4. It looks like march for the 19 and 23, then late next year for the rest. The 33 already has a double recoil spring, so no big change there.

Edited by 9teeneleven
spelling mistake.
Guest Hillbilly Dan

I just came into a 10mm and I love it. I am shooting a Colt Delta Gold Cup so you know it is shooting well. I am using Extreme Shock Ammo. The Frangeable stuff and wow is that stuff good. If you hit what you are shooting at and it is tissue it explodes. It will not go on and hurt someone you did not intend to hurt. If you miss it explodes at dry wall. Good ammo. Hard to find. I was lucky to get about 200 rounds of this good stuff.