New toys!

andersmg

When the wife and I went to the Jackson gun show the other day we got her a new Taurus 24 7 PRO 9 mm and I got a new Walther P22.

She has not had the chance to shoot her taurus yet but I have shot both of them and my first shot both times I have shot the taurus at about 30ft from target hit dead center of my makeshift bullseye! I am very impressed with the accuracy of this gun.

I am equally happy with my new plinker! It shoots pretty accurately for such a short barrel and it is a blast to shoot! So far I have had zero issues with jamming, stove piping or anything like that.

I just thought I would share...I could take some pictures if any of you would like to see them, but I figured most of you have probably seen these handguns already.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
When the wife and I went to the Jackson gun show the other day we got her a new Taurus 24 7 PRO 9 mm .......I have shot both of them and my first shot both times I have shot the taurus at about 30ft from target hit dead center of my makeshift bullseye! I am very impressed with the accuracy of this gun.

Congrats!!! This is going to bemy next purchase...nver shot one, I have heard good and bad...glad to hear you liked it...

if you dont mind, about what did you pay for it?

Personally, I like having all the same caliber. It makes it a heck of a lot easier when you are loading mags to not get confused. Not to mention. If the fit truly hit the shan, you don't have to worry about carrying different types of ammo for different guns. You can carry all of your guns with you and help equip people that might need it.

Guest gcrookston
I do not want to duplicate calibers until I have all of them covered at least once, lol.

I'd like to see that :rolleyes:. Let me know when you have your Kolibri. I have a full box of ammo for it (2.7mm). Last I checked the pre-war French stuff was running about $25.00 / per round.

Guest canynracer
Why get another 9mm Canyn? Or as Mark at Sea would say "euro wussie round"

Branch out into a real caliber like a .45:stir: I do not want to duplicate calibers until I have all of them covered at least once, lol.

Looking for something small, easily concealed (comfortable)...my buddy has a compact glock in 40 cal...it has a manageable but still decent kick to it.

from what I have heard about the Taurus in 45, it is a good kick, but still not THAT bad....

I get more bullets in the clip with 9mm :rolleyes:

9mm is cheaper

just a couple things...I will eventually explore the other calibers, home defense, and also to change it up a bit when carrying...

but the FIRST compact I buy to carry, I think I want a Taurus Mill PRO or 24x7 9mm...I am also looking at the Kel-Tec pf9

my next will be an M&P 40c.

Congrats!!! This is going to bemy next purchase...nver shot one, I have heard good and bad...glad to hear you liked it...

if you dont mind, about what did you pay for it?

We bought it from "T&T Grocery and Sporting Goods", they had a nice selection of handguns at the show. They are located in Selmer TN. I bought both guns for right about $635 total which included all paperwork and taxes.

I know the Walther P22 was priced at $250 and the Taurus was priced about $340 but since I bought two he gave me a break so that would mean we paid about $320 or $330 for the Taurus and then about $240 or so for the Walther.

I thought he had pretty fair prices on all his handguns. The wife was looking at a Springfield 40 cal that she really like but myself and the guys running the table for this dealer thought the recoil might be a little much for her so we went with the 9mm.

T&T's phone number is 731-645-9922 if you would like to call them and get prices.

I don't know about some 2.7 round. Dang for that much a round I think I will skip that one.

I am not going to base all my gun purchases on some SHTF scenario either. And if SHTF I doubt I would be arming anyone else lest they turn around and use it on me.

Mostly I buy the guns I have for the enjoyment of shooting them. :rolleyes: But to each their own. To me it would get boring quickly just shooting 9mm, or just shooting , 45ACP.

There has to be some spice so throw in the .40S&W and some .357mags too. I enjoy shooting rounds that kick like a mule as well as enjoy shooting rounds that don't. But like I said to each his own. Variety is the spice of life.

Most of the guns I have I doubt I would ever carry them (HCP style anyway), for me one or two is more than sufficient. the others are "just for fun" shooting.

Canyn I throw this out. you say when cash permits there will be spice. Doesn't your 9VE actually handle all that is necessary? Any other gun you buy will be spice.

Just a thought.

My whole train of thought in gun purchases was get a good defense gun. the 9VE covered that. Then it was get a bigger caliber, the .40S&W covered that. Then it was get a wheel gun in an adequate caliber, the .357 covered that. Then it was I want, once I got to I want I was screwed, lol. Now there is no turning back. yikes!

Dude you gotta come out shooting so we can meet.

Guest canynracer

The 9ve does do its job, just big to carry...I am pretty sure I want to carry a 9mm, so I will go a compact gun, then the VE goes on the nightstand.

anything else for me is spice..LMAO...

I agree, but I cant find corryton on the map!! (kidding) everything seems so damn far from Memphis....

Well the wife got to shoot her 24 7 today. She was pleased with the recoil, or lack thereof, she said the recoil is not a factor which is a good thing. We did not set up a target she just shot at an empty 2 liter bottle at my in-laws, they live out in the country on 33 acres.

Let me just say she has got some practicing to do, I guess I will need to be stocking up on some cheap 9 mm rounds!