So a guy with a HCP drives up to a convenience store.

Rye's and Shine on Hwy 149 is posted.

I'll take a pic in the morning and try to post it.

I went there with a MTSU Geology group to see a meteor impact there. They were posted but it wasn't proper signage. This was a few months ago.

They have good fried chicken, by the way.

Edited by ab28
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ther eis one here in knoxville on northshore dr it is a gas station with a mcdonalds in it. it is near I-140 and it is across the street from kroger. I has one of those clearly visable signs on the front door. that was my last visit there

is that the Pilot?

Guest mikedwood
ther eis one here in knoxville on northshore dr it is a gas station with a mcdonalds in it. it is near I-140 and it is across the street from kroger. I has one of those clearly visable signs on the front door. that was my last visit there

I never have really liked that store anyway.

is that the Pilot?

The Pilot has a Wendy's. THe McDonald's is attached to an Aztec.

Edited by mikedwood
Guest broncobuddha

As much as I don't want more law suits filling up the courts, I'm at the point now, where I'd like to see "posted" establishments sued for patrons injured or killed by a BG while in their store.

If they're posting no firearms, then they've exercised their rights for sure, but they've also prohibited you from protecting yourself should you end up shopping there.

I had heard (not sure if true) that Hooters out in OK (where guns in bars is legal) was going to post and supposedly a group got together and basically asked if they were going to provide armed security since they were going to prohibit patrons from protecting themselves and threatened to sue if something happened. Hooters changed their minds after that.

The thing that bothers me is posted hospitals because you may not have a choice of going elsewhere. I have had a couple of relatives admitted to various hospitals recently, and they were posted (although not all properly). Sure enough, one of my relatives was robbed by a crackhead while walking into the hospital (fortunately, no one was hurt.)

If I need to visit a loved-one, it burns me when they post a sign on the door. Especially when hospitals and ER's attract a variety of sketchy individuals.

Guest 1817ak47

the pilot isn't marked. the other one has a clearly marked sign that had both a no gun symbol and wording from what I remember. only was there once a while back, haven't been there since. I am protesting using there business

Isn't Pilot owned by the mayor of Knoxville, isn't he a Republican, isn't he running for Governor?

Family owned, yes. His dad founded it.

I think Marathon owns part of it, or part of the travel centers or something.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest faust921
The business owner has the right to ban weapons from his property.

The only way that the state can take away his right is to acknowledge that a citizen has a right to carry under the 2nd amendment of the Constitution. And that is not going to happen.

If you don’t feel safe; don’t go in.

I also make it a point to let them know that I don't spend my money where MY GUN AND I are not welcome, and will advise my friends to do likewise.