First half of cap and trade

If this passes, my electric bill will be somewhere between double and triple what it is now.

S. 1733: Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act

Sponsor: Kerry (D - MA)

Official Title: A bill to create clean energy jobs, promote energy independence, reduce global warming pollution and transition to a clean energy economy.

9/30/2009: Introduced

9/30/2009: Referred to Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

10/27/2009: Hearing Held by Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

10/28/2009: Hearing Held by Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

10/29/2009: Hearing Held by Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

11/3/2009: Mark up in the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

11/4/2009: Mark up in the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

11/5/2009: Amended Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

11/5/2009: Reported to Senate Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

2/2/2010: Reported to Senate

Commentary: This bill aims to create green jobs by subsidizing windmill and solar projects. It also restricts emissions of so-called greenhouse gas, mainly carbon dioxide from the combustion of coal, oil, and natural gas. Workers injured by the transition to a regime with new and more rigorous permitting requirements would be entitled to adjustment assistance payments, training, and other benefits. Knowingly making a false statement of a material fact or knowingly failing to disclose a material fact in connection with obtaining an authorized payment under the new benefits program or with an investigation of a petition for benefits are punishable by imprisonment for up to one year, a fine as authorized in Title 18 of the U.S. Code, or both..

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
If this passes, my electric bill will be somewhere between double and triple what it is now.

S. 1733: Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act

Sponsor: Kerry (D - MA)

Official Title: A bill to create clean energy jobs, promote energy independence, reduce global warming pollution and transition to a clean energy economy.

9/30/2009: Introduced

9/30/2009: Referred to Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

10/27/2009: Hearing Held by Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

10/28/2009: Hearing Held by Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

10/29/2009: Hearing Held by Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

11/3/2009: Mark up in the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

11/4/2009: Mark up in the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

11/5/2009: Amended Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

11/5/2009: Reported to Senate Senate Environment and Public Works Committee

2/2/2010: Reported to Senate

Commentary: This bill aims to create green jobs by subsidizing windmill and solar projects. It also restricts emissions of so-called greenhouse gas, mainly carbon dioxide from the combustion of coal, oil, and natural gas. Workers injured by the transition to a regime with new and more rigorous permitting requirements would be entitled to adjustment assistance payments, training, and other benefits. Knowingly making a false statement of a material fact or knowingly failing to disclose a material fact in connection with obtaining an authorized payment under the new benefits program or with an investigation of a petition for benefits are punishable by imprisonment for up to one year, a fine as authorized in Title 18 of the U.S. Code, or both..

I only had to get that far to know this was a whole load of typical Mass-Lib Horse:poop:

I feel like I woke up in bizzaro-world. Healthcare pops up on the radar, the people speak their minds at town halls, the bill dies, and re-emerges with a possible nuclear option.

Climate bill (Cap & trade) comes into the light, then global research is proving to be falsified, no global warning since 1995, and then its resurected and lined up to be pushed through (possibly with another nuclear option). Now the UN has a report leaked that they have a plan to enact global governance through this climate charade. (http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/022510_greeneconomy.pdf)

We write our congressional leaders, and it appears that no one is listening. The people have spoken quite loudly and clearly- "NO"!

At what point does this become torches and pitchforks? At what point do we stand up to defend our nation, our sovereignity? After Obama signs it?

[Note to self- buy pitchfork.]

This one will get the filibuster. If they get the healthcare

junk passed, this bill is the least of our worries. If the

healthcare bill passes, that's when the pitchforks(guns)

and torches(Surefire) needs to come out. Alia iacta est

instead of alla Akbar.

I am even more concerned about the cap and trade bill than I am the current health care bill. As horrible as it is, at least the health care bill would eventually help a very few people at the expense of everyone else. Cap and trade is going to hurt everyone(except the "green" power industry).

It is amazing just how enormous a wrong turn this country has taken in the last year. It used to be that the government wouldn't do things that were so unpopular that they would guarantee congressmen couldn't get reelected. Now they don't even seem to care. It makes you wonder what they know that we don't.:D

I am even more concerned about the cap and trade bill than I am the current health care bill. As horrible as it is, at least the health care bill would eventually help a very few people at the expense of everyone else. Cap and trade is going to hurt everyone(except the "green" power industry).

It is amazing just how enormous a wrong turn this country has taken in the last year. It used to be that the government wouldn't do things that were so unpopular that they would guarantee congressmen couldn't get reelected. Now they don't even seem to care. It makes you wonder what they know that we don't.:shhh:

It would seem someone would benefit from the healthcare bill, but really the only ones to benefit are the ones who live off the government dole already and the

benefits are offset by our private insurance costs. We're

already being punished for achievement. There is no reason to let either one of those bills pass and those

congressmen not running for re-election know they

would be tarred and feathered at the ballot box for their

prior votes. I think cap and tax is dead. If congress tries

to pass that(senate and house) before November there

will be hell to pay. I don't understand why there aren't

lynch mobs already forming. Maybe the Tea Party has that on their agenda. They already have my support.

It would seem someone would benefit from the healthcare bill, but really the only ones to benefit are the ones who live off the government dole already and the

benefits are offset by our private insurance costs. We're

already being punished for achievement. There is no reason to let either one of those bills pass and those

congressmen not running for re-election know they

would be tarred and feathered at the ballot box for their

prior votes. I think cap and tax is dead. If congress tries

to pass that(senate and house) before November there

will be hell to pay. I don't understand why there aren't

lynch mobs already forming. Maybe the Tea Party has that on their agenda. They already have my support.

Make no mistake, I definitely don't want the health care bill passed. I'm just saying that as bad as the health care bill is, cap and trade is even worse.