What's In Your Range Bag? Post Pics?

Guest Bronker

Guest Bronker

Finally broke down and bought a range bag. I bought the MidwayUSA Competition Bag.

midwaybag.jpg

This led to the demise of my previous setup that utilized a five gallon bucket and a bunch of plastic grocery bags.

The MidwayUSA bag is very nice, and very roomy. I'm not quite sure that I currently own enough stuff to put in it! My wife cannot understand the concept of having room left over in a carry bag.:hyper:

In keeping with that thought, let's see your range bag and contents, or list off what you keep in it for a typical day at the range. I know pics are a hassle, but it will be great for sharing ideas.

Do tell!:rofl:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the Allen one from Walmart and it works fine for me. I carry ammo, mags, small parts, a little bottle of CLP, 2 sets of hearing protection, couple pairs of shooting glasses, slide glide, cheap mag loaders I've collected, bore snakes and a gun rug. I always have spare room. Mainly I carry most of my cleaning stuff just becasue that's where I keep it at home.:hyper:

other than the obvious pieces,..

an old RCBS die box with the ridges cutout to hold all the small bits that get lost,oil,pot of grease etc. I hear Dillon sells a box like this now.

First Aid kit, cause accidents do happen

Spare batteries for dot sights.

Spare glasses and several packs of disposable ear plugs,..somebody always forgets or shows up with a buddy and is short

mini binoculars,staple gun,staples and a roll of masking tape to repair targets

notebook the flip top "Joe Friday" kind and a few pencils,pens and markers

Squib rod, a piece of all thread with a nylon sleeve over it and a Lyman brass hammer

and after loading the range bag the camelback was filled and strapped thru the handle to remind me to take it with me .. water always seems in short supply at ranges...

I used to carry surveyors ribbons and some wire rod in the truck to make wind flags when I did a lot of load developing for rifles

John

1) Cleaning kit with a cut up old T shirt

2) Tool kit (Gunsmithing tools)

3) first aid kit (Simple basic stuff. Not to treat bullet wounds)

4) Extra glasses and ear plugs.

5) Gun lube

6) White Scotch 35 electrical tape for hanging paper targets or filling holes.

7) Magic marker (Sharpie)

8) Printer paper for targets

9) Mini LED flashlight that clips on my cap.

10) ammo

11) pistols

12) Plastic bag for collecting brass

13) extra magazines (not the kind you read)

14) Ink pen.

That's the first time I have ever listed that stuff. Thanks for the post!