MCTS Club IDPA Match 03/06/2010

MCTS will be hosting an IDPA event on 03/06/2010 @ Dickson, TN. We will be having a challenging 6 stage event utilizing new props. Please view the website for more information. We welcome new shooters to the event. We ask that you be there at 8:30 for a new shooter orientation briefing by our Match Director. We hope to see you there!!!

New Club Website: Music City Tactical Shooters

Stages: Match Description

J. Michael Bresson

Vice President MCTS

VicePresident@mctsclub.com

Edited by HOGNUT
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donkey,

3 magazines and a kydex holster and double mag pouch generally work the best, but there are certainly other options. What do you have available for your Glock and 1911?

I have a clipdraw and a leather IWB. Seems I will need a OWB paddle/belt holster. They seem to all be pretty inexpensive and I saw a huge selection at the show today. Just looking for a specific holster to purchase so I can practice. Something like a blackhawk or fobus, would that be a good place to start?

Can't use the clipdraw, leather IWB will work especially if it has a reinforced opening so it doesn't collapse.

Blackhawk (non-serpa) is ok, skip the Fobus. Other good choices would be Bladetech & Comp-Tac. OWB does indeed work best for IDPA & USPSA.

Don't let the lack of gear hold you back though, you did have an offer to borrow some gear.

Donkey,

If you need a holster, magazine holder, and/or magazine for this let me know I will bring extra for the match.

New Club Website: Music City Tactical Shooters

J. Michael Bresson

Vice President MCTS

VicePresident@mctsclub.com

Thanks! I did not see your post before I replied. Could I borrow a holster, mag and pouch for my Glock 23? I want to avoid purchasing the wrong thing, it makes more sense to wait until I know what I really need.

Looking forward to it...

Question - why wouldn't a Blackhawk Serpa be ok?

Sorry for the late reply, this is my 3rd attempt to post!

A Serpa is ok to use, in fact I have seen several in use at our matches.

There tends to be strong feelings and opinions regarding this holster design. I am not a fan and wouldn't recommend one, however that is my "personal" opinion and not an official stance or ruling by MCTS.

If you have a Serpa by all means come out and feel free to use it. Hopefully that clears this up.

I love to do this but I have a holster/mag carrier problem.

My usual carry weapon and the one I'd like to use for this would be my Sig P220...I have three magazines but the only holsters I have for it are two different Galco molded leather OWB (one is a paddle holster and the other is a belt holster); same for the double mag carrier I have (which is currently on order form Galco which I hope will be here this week).

Edited by RobertNashville

I am hoping to bring my NIB M&P Pro 9mm 5" barrel to the match. I had some extras with it but no one wants to pay for it. I will put it back to factory specs asking $575 but I will have the extras if interested. See you all at the match

Allan