2010 NCAA Football

Yea thats totally it. I'm sooooo jealous of ND. :D Keep living in your fantasy world. ND will keep losing in real life.

Here's what is great . I will post the two records of the two schools over the past 5 years. You tell me which is TN and which is ND.

36-27 and 35-27.

Looks like in the real world these two teams have been equally mediocre the past 5 years buddy. There's your reality check.

Edited by ShamGlock
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what is great . I will post the two records of the two schools over the past 5 years. You tell me which is TN and which is ND.

36-27 and 35-27.

Looks like in the real world these two teams have been equally mediocre the past 5 years buddy. There's your reality check.

And who does ND play? USC, Michigan, and Pitt.

Who does UT play? Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, and UCLA.

I am sure UT would gladly swap with ND.

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree.

And who does ND play? USC, Michigan, and Pitt.

Who does UT play? Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, and UCLA.

I am sure UT would gladly swap with ND.

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Lol, I already tried to agree to disagree with him. He sounds just like this rabid ND fan that calls in to Sports Talk the local talk radio station show. His beloved Notre Dame won't join a conference. The Big Ten was maybe seeking another school recently and of ND was brought into the mix. They came out and said No, I guess they would rather get beat by service academies lol.:D

Are you for real? You think that is the only off field incident. Google The Fulmer Award and see what comes up. He had so many incidents the bloggers named the award for team with the most arrests in an off season after him. Putting cute little smilies throughout your post doesn't make it any more valid.

As for Notre Dame's sellout streak go ahead and look that up too. They have sold out every home game since 1966. Also I never said other teams are all cheaters, I just said Notre Dame plays at a higher level academically than most other schools and doesn't let players skate by. You don't hear about tutors doing athletes homework and taking tests for them like what happened in Knoxville under Fulmer.

I know they lost 9 bowl games in a row. They get invited to bowls they don't deserve to be in because they sell the game out, travel well, and set ratings records for the bowl game. College Football is about money and ND brings alot of it with their massive fanbase across the country. Here are a few more records I'm proud of tied for the highest win % in college football history, tied for most Heisman winners, highest graduation rate, and 11 Consensus National Titles. Good luck getting those kind of numbers with Dooley.

The Irish are coming back and whether you love ND or hate them you have to admit the College Football is alot better off when they are good.

I'd still like to see some charges you speak of Fulmer's teams. You changed to sell out all home games that makes more sense originally you said all games they play in. College Football will be alot better off when ND is back I don't think ESPN or any college network too much cares about ND anymore but in your reality world that just isn't so. You will come up with some reason to tell me once again how UT isn't as good, is a bunch of thugs, can't cut the mustard. While ND is up there being perfect saints drinking holy water and is making 4.0GPA's honestly I might just pull for USC just to see your ND lose like always, Kelly won't outcoach Monte Kiffin's D just won't happen.

Guest db99wj

Calling out one team because of "thugs" is not a valid argument. College sports, most big name teams for sure, in Basketball and football, have these types on their teams. It is a growing problem with any and all things NCAA.

I'd still like to see some charges you speak of Fulmer's teams. You changed to sell out all home games that makes more sense originally you said all games they play in. College Football will be alot better off when ND is back I don't think ESPN or any college network too much cares about ND anymore but in your reality world that just isn't so. You will come up with some reason to tell me once again how UT isn't as good, is a bunch of thugs, can't cut the mustard. While ND is up there being perfect saints drinking holy water and is making 4.0GPA's honestly I might just pull for USC just to see your ND lose like always, Kelly won't outcoach Monte Kiffin's D just won't happen.

If you really think the last charges are the only one's UT players have ever had you are sadly delusional. Did you google the Fulmer award? You think UT has that kind of rap for no reason? Off the top of my head I can recall Fulmer's players getting in trouble for having tutors do their homework for the athletes, Travis Henry getting caught selling cocaine out of his car. Tee Martin's bank account mysteriously growing by 5,000 bucks the morning after the National Championship game and a littany of shoplifting and DUI charges. Do I think all ND players are saints? Of course not but they don't have anywhere near the trouble that UT players have. And that is just their football team, I won't even get started on their basketball team. This is the kind of trouble UT players get in in Knoxville, I'm not even gonna get started on the trouble many UT players have had once they went pro. Stallworth, Leonard Little, Travis Henry, I can go all day. Does this suffice?

Are you serious espn doesn't cover ND? ABC or ESPN2 plays almost all of ND's away games. Lou Holtz gives them at least 20 minutes of air time every week with Mark Mays. If you actually take a look around you may realize that ND is one of the most followed and covered sports programs around. Which is why most people either love them or hate them, there is no middle ground.

I could give a rats a$$ if you pull for USC, though you may find very few other TN fans to get with you on that these days. Actually if there is one place in college ball where Kiffin could skirt the rules anymore than at UT he found it. By the way the term reality world is redundant, Ace.

Edited by ShamGlock
Guest db99wj
If you really think the last charges are the only one's UT players have ever had you are sadly delusional. Did you google the Fulmer award? You think UT has that kind of rap for no reason? Off the top of my head I can recall Fulmer's players getting in trouble for having tutors do their homework for the athletes, Travis Henry getting caught selling cocaine out of his car. Tee Martin's bank account mysteriously growing by 5,000 bucks the morning after the National Championship game and a littany of shoplifting and DUI charges. Do I think all ND players are saints? Of course not but they don't have anywhere near the trouble that UT players have. And that is just their football team, I won't even get started on their basketball team. This is the kind of trouble UT players get in in Knoxville, I'm not even gonna get started on the trouble many UT players have had once they went pro. Stallworth, Leonard Little, Travis Henry, I can go all day. Does this suffice?

Are you serious espn doesn't cover ND? ABC or ESPN2 plays almost all of ND's away games. Lou Holtz gives them at least 20 minutes of air time every week with Mark Mays. If you actually take a look around you may realize that ND is one of the most followed and covered sports programs around. Which is why most people either love them or hate them, there is no middle ground.

I could give a rats a$$ if you pull for USC, though you may find very few other TN fans to get with you on that these days. Actually if there is one place in college ball where Kiffin could skirt the rules anymore than at UT he found it. By the way the term reality world is redundant, Ace.

I'm going to post this again, just in case you missed it....and I like quoting myself.

Calling out one team because of "thugs" is not a valid argument. College sports, most big name teams for sure, in Basketball and football, have these types on their teams. It is a growing problem with any and all things NCAA.

Oh both teams have done great things in the past, and have a ton of history in College football, but not really anything in the last several years, that has been documented in other posts. Both teams need to do something in the next 5 years or they both will become just "another" team. TN will fair better being in the SEC, because of just that, the SEC being the powerhouse they are, ND will struggle as an independent.

Again on the thug thing, this is a growing into a huge problem for all elite colleges. One of the main jobs of a coaching staff is to keep a leash on their thugs...err "star" athletes. I would be willing to bet, that each staff has a certain coach that is responsible, or all the coaches have their respective teams (depending on which sport)

I'm going to post this again, just in case you missed it....and I like quoting myself.

Oh both teams have done great things in the past, and have a ton of history in College football, but not really anything in the last several years, that has been documented in other posts. Both teams need to do something in the next 5 years or they both will become just "another" team. TN will fair better being in the SEC, because of just that, the SEC being the powerhouse they are, ND will struggle as an independent.

Again on the thug thing, this is a growing into a huge problem for all elite colleges. One of the main jobs of a coaching staff is to keep a leash on their thugs...err "star" athletes. I would be willing to bet, that each staff has a certain coach that is responsible, or all the coaches have their respective teams (depending on which sport)

Every team does have coachs responsible for keeping up with their players. It has been that way for a long time. Yes, every team does have their trouble makers, college kids aren't saints. Some programs seem to have a little bit more of a problem with this than others. Miami, Florida State, and yes TN, have a well docunmented history of serious problems with players. I believe this is a direct result of what kind of kids you recruit. I was responding to a specific request for instances of TN players getting in off field trouble.

As far as ND continuing to struggle because they are independent, I of course disagree. That is a debate that could go on for another 6 pages. There are really no good reasons for ND to join a conference.

Every team does have coachs responsible for keeping up with their players. It has been that way for a long time. Yes, every team does have their trouble makers, college kids aren't saints. Some programs seem to have a little bit more of a problem with this than others. Miami, Florida State, and yes TN, have a well docunmented history of serious problems with players. I believe this is a direct result of what kind of kids you recruit. I was responding to a specific request for instances of TN players getting in off field trouble.

As far as ND continuing to struggle because they are independent, I of course disagree. That is a debate that could go on for another 6 pages. There are really no good reasons for ND to join a conference.

TN does not have a reputation of bad players, get a life quit being a TN hater. Of course ND isn't going to join a conference they are too dang greedy.

Guest BigCountry

WOW! Two fans of EQUALLY miserable, after-run teams. I suggest pistolas at 12 paces. We'll round up some LLama 1911's and hope for the best.

UT '02, '07