Looking to get a conceal carry

Guest GallatinTN

Which one should I buy?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I buy?

Guest mikedwood
I like the Glock out of those choices. The Kahr is the smallest and probably best for purely concealment purposes. But the after market support for the Glock (sights, magazines, holsters, etc.) is above and beyond all you other choices.

Like rsytine said the aftermarket support is great. I think for a first carry gun the G26 can't be beat. You can't walk into a gunstore and not kick some Glock mag or holster or something Glock.

Plus nothing I see in your list except the G26 will take a 33 round mag. Will you ever need it? No, probably not, but the G26 can handle it. The G26 will take G26, G19, G17 and the G18 mag. Sweet you have choices.

Holsters galore, night sights, lasers, and other things the G26 wins the after market war big time.

The way I see it, if it's your 1st and only gun get a Glock or an XD. Both great and run well, solid as rocks, decent enough on the range, will handle 1,000s of rounds, and after market parts everywhere that carries gun parts. Then play around and get some odd stuff where you have to order a holster or mags and wait no telling how long.

I carry a G26 and drink the Glock :lol:. often. A lot of times I'll forget the G26 is there and it also shoots like a full size gun.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RangeMstr

Gotta be a Glock......

World class reliability, the best warranty in the business, great customer service and a proven track record. There are a bazzillion holster possibilities (something out there will be comfortable).

Just don't shoot unjacketed ammo - EVER

Having said that, I'm not a big fan of 9mm for PD carry. I prefer a 45 ACP or a 40 S&W. Everybody knows knock down is a myth, but shoot some ballistic gelatin and see which of these rounds leave the most devastating wound channel.

What handguns have you fired before, or have the most experience with? Most-times the best choice is the one which has the most natural manual-of-arms to you. I can tell you which pistol I would pick, out of that list, but you may have different preferences than me... since those are all very different pistols. It might be a good idea to expand your list a bit, because if you have handled/fired each of these and are still undecided, apparently none of them has struck you as the best fit yet...

I will point out that the Kahr and the Glock are the most commonly popular, from your list. The Glock would be easier to shoot, and the Kahr would be easier to conceal... that's what that choice boils down to.

The Glock would be easier to shoot, and the Kahr would be easier to conceal... that's what that choice boils down to.

I've fired all of the ones on your list, and agree with the statement above. I didn't much like the Beretta - it was nice to shoot, but harder to conceal than the others. The Walther is easy to conceal, but I find that the thin frame makes it really uncomfortable to shoot. I think the Glock is probably your best choice, based on price, reliability, and comfort.

Guest GallatinTN

Thanks for all the good advise.

I have a Ruger P95 and like it, but a bit big to carry too much.

I have shot a Glock 19 and liked it, but shot my P95 just as well.

The PPS was not as accurate as the above.

I will get out and shoot some before I buy, just wanted some opinions.

I will be shooting the G26, XD9SC, and Kahr for starters but am not set on any one of them before I shoot. I would like to find an American made gun if possible.

Thanks again for all the comments.:D

Guest smileyguy

I like very small for carry especially in the summer when I'm wearing shorts and t-shirt, so I'd go with the Kahr. I'd probably shoot better with the others, but they are to bulky for my taste.

I'd advise shooting them and carry them they way you plan on carrying to see how comfortable they are (if possible) then decide.

Glock, good IWB, decent rounds. Too bulky as pocket carry for most.

PM9, good pocket carry, good IWB. Limited rounds.

All this with proper holster and they both shoot great. I practice 7yard point shooting and they both are on target. Good luck.

There's nothing wrong with carrying a 9mm. If I had to choose from these four pistols it would be the Glock.

1. Glock 26. Ugly but reliable and simple.

2. Beretta PX4 Storm SC. There are some fans of the storm out there.

3. Kahr PM9. I won't buy any gun that takes 400 rounds to "break in"

4. Walther PPS. The new Walthers have gotten bad reviews. James Bong carries one.

Guest ruger_six

I've tried the Walther PPS, Kel Tec PF9, and the Kahr CW40 - sold all of them and now I'm on the Taurus 709 slim and I believe I've found a keeper. Single action trigger, adjustable sights, external safety and a slim 19 ounces - and best of all it's been very reliable and accurate. I have had a couple of light primer strikes but they've been reloads and I take the blame.

I have to say a Kahr PM9. I have both the G26 and the Kahr PM9. Just love the Glock 26, I qualified with it in 1999 for my HCP. However, It was too much for my pocket, as that is how I want to carry. I found that I was leaving the 26 at home and carrying my S&W airweight bodyguard most of the time. I purchased the Kahr PM9 and have shot hundreds of rounds without one malfunction and carry it every where, just as easy as the S&W airweight. I guess that most are right on the Glock being the best for most, but just depends on you and how you want to carry. I will say this, it is the Glock 26 that is at my bed side and the one of two, the other being the G19, I would pick if I could only have one pistol. The grip I have with the thick Glocks feels so much better to my 57 year old hands.

The Kahr takes some dryfiring and practice to get used to the trigger, but it's worth it to me. Now, thats just me :up:

My pick, as of now, is the Kahr PM9.

Edited by huntingman