MCTS Club 2 Gun Match 03/20/2010

we had a great time also! even whipped up on Greg on 2 stages!:nervous:

Wanda says that Gamer B needs to step it UP. cause she kick his butt on the shotgun stages using only a pistol!

or he will be no longer be on team wicked!!!:P

Edited by RWF
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gw2and4

Maybe if I was a gamer like Greg and Mike, I'd get me a semi-auto shotgun and a Glock 34 with a green fiber optic front sight/mag well/heavy guide rod...maybe after the armorer course I'll get a 34 with my purchase discount instead of a 17Gen4. But whatever I get--it WILL be a 9mm for sure.

Just kidding on the gamer statement, of course. I have nothing but earnest respect for the MCTS officers and I would NEVER make that kind of accusation in other than a joking way. :shrug: LOL But I gotta do SOMETHING to avoid taking responsibility for my suck times! As for talking myself into a new gun: not much arm-twisting needed there! Right now I'm eyeing a Redfield Revolution for my AR for distance work...

Glenn,

you might want to consider a variable that goes down to 1x if you are going to use it for "3-gun" or other matches. 0-50 I keep mine on 1x past that I twist it up to 2 or 4x. Just food for thought.

I'm running a Millett 1-4 DMS on a Larue SPR-E mount, which is good enough for me at this point. The dang mount was more than the scope but I like to run with my nose right up to the charging handle so I needed the Larue to get proper eye relief.

Guest gw2and4

Greg,

Thanks for the input. Was thinking of sticking with the EOTech for 3-gun, etc. (anything inside of 50 yards) and getting a scope for 100+ yards. In that light, I think a 3-9 x 40 would work and give me flexibility to move it to a bolt-action hunting rifle once I get one. Was wondering if I want a carry handle mount or a rail mount for the A3 flat-top receiver. I may opt for a 2-7 power scope to make it useful in most settings. I'm open for ideas though.

Gaming....Gaming....That is funny. The first statement about Greg was true. I am glad other people notice...LOL. After this upcoming 2010 Music City Trophy match has been completed, I do plan on going back to gaming the stages. I already have my barricades, barrels, and stands setup for my personal walk-thru.

I am GLAD to see everyone had a fun time at the range this past weekend. Weather was perfect for shooting. The next few upcoming matches will test your speed and accuracy. If there is anything anyone wants to incorporate in matches, please let Greg or myself know. We are always open to designs from competitors.

J. Michael Bresson

Vice President Music City Tactical Shooters

www.mctsclub.com

Was wondering if I want a carry handle mount or a rail mount for the A3 flat-top receiver.

You want to mount on your rail. Check out Larue SPR-E you will cry when you see the price but it is very stout, good gear.

You want to mount on your rail. Check out Larue SPR-E you will cry when you see the price but it is very stout, good gear.

LaRue is a great company to do business with also.

Great match guys!! If you're not gaming it, you're not playing the game:tough:

Guest gw2and4

I looked it up. As you said: it costs 60% more than the scope itself. Geez...for that kinda cash perhaps I'll consider an EOTech flip-to-the-side magnifier...

Decisions, decisions. :usa:

Thanks for the input everybody.